52| The Devil Awakens

Start from the beginning

I couldn't talk. I looked up at him and he pursed his lips before hanging his head and walking away. No no! I do want to kiss him. I want him to want to kiss him, I want to feel every inch of him.

My body reacted again before I could process my thoughts. I held his arm and he turned around looking confused before I whispered, "Just shut up and let me check something." I pulled him in and crashed my lips into his.

You know that feeling when you're listening to that one song that makes you float like literally. I was floating, in space. I couldn't think properly. His lips suddenly became my favorite song. The type that makes you obsessed and you just know you're going to replay it over and over. The type that becomes your favorite melody. His lips moved like they were meant for me.

He eased into the kiss and pulled me in closer until there wasn't an inch between us and his hand was on my neck deepening the kiss. And then at the same time, a low moan escaped our lips before we slowly pulled apart and I immediately missed his lips.

"Wow," he breathed against my lips and I tried to steady my breaths and my heart that was still pounding due to his hands still being on me. I still couldn't bring out the words I wanted to say.

"You don't know how long I've been craving your touch, McKenna. It's been torture, I couldn't go a day without thinking of you. I know it sounds crazy but I feel like I was meant to meet you that day with Ace," he whispered and I looked up to finally meet his eyes.

God, he was so beautiful.

He took my smile as a sign to lean in again for a kiss and I shut my eyes only for me to immediately open them when the door swung open and we removed our hands from each other's body.

I was dreading meeting the eye of the person who came in but finally looked up to see Alex and sighed in relief. I mean he was better than it being a random person or Carl.

"Oh I'm sorry," Alex immediately said and adjusted his glasses. I forced a smile and walked forward.

"No no, what's up?" I asked trying to act like whatever he saw didn't happen.

"I'm going to check on Quinn now. Ace gave me a schedule which includes me checking up on her every two hours-" he sighed, "-I'm on my way, would you want to see her?"

"Of course!" I said instantly. I turned around, "erm, can Harry come?"

Harry was silent and Alex cleared his throat. "Mr. Winston indicated that you're the only one allowed to see Miss Manchester. I don't know if he would approve a third party."

"It's Ace, I can handle him don't worry. Quinn would be glad to have people to talk to. And Harry here is like a literal happy pill."

Alex was about to protest but I quickly yelled thank you and dragged Harry out with me. Alex followed us and I intertwined my hands with Harry who kept on staring at me with a smile on his face.

Alex sat at the front with the driver and we sat behind them with our hands still intertwined.

"Where's she?" Harry whispered to me and I shrugged my shoulders.

"I have no idea but Ace won't let her leave the place. He says it's for her good."

"So he grounded her?" He asked with a small laugh and I chuckled.

We fell silent again. But it was a comfortable silence. It wasn't awkward or weird. We both couldn't stop smiling as I turned to look out the window. Then his face crossed my mind, Angus.

My body reacted again and I took my hands away from Harry like he electrocuted me. I spent so much time crying over Angus when Quinn told me the truth a few days ago. This is what happens every time, every time I try to move on Angus appears and I just can't love anyone again.