37. "We need more time." Thanks, Headmaster Obvious

As they began to make their way out of the Shrieking Shack, Alliana and Alex were at the back with Hermione

As they began to make their way out of the Shrieking Shack, Alliana and Alex were at the back with Hermione.  Harry and Sirius were just in front of them with Sirius guiding Snape's body along.

"Mum, there's so many questions I want to ask," Alex told her as she clung to her arm.  "Are you in any danger still?  Did you ever find out who was after you?"

"I think so," Alliana told her.  "Though, I'm not one hundred percent positive.  But when I was coming up to Hogwarts to have a talk with Snape about it, I ran into your father and he told me everything that was going on.  I knew at once that we had to make sure that you and Harry were okay."

"You two sent me the Firebolt for my birthday?" She asked.

Alliana nodded as she tried to wipe the dried blood from under Alex's eye from the cut the Whomping Willow had given her.  "Your father insisted since he didn't get the chance to give you any Christmas or birthday presents since you were two."

Alex laughed, which caused Sirius to look back and smile as he observed the scene of his wife and daughter reconnecting after so many years apart.  Then he remembered the things that were brought up before and slowed down with Harry following him.

"So what's this about dear Alexandria living with Snivellus?" Sirius asked Alliana curiously.  "You never once brought that up the entire time we have been together, Allie."

Alliana couldn't help but roll her eyes.  "Sirius, at the time, he was the only one I trusted enough to keep Alexandria safe while I was being hunted, okay?" She told him.

Sirius only shook his head.  "Still, my child being cared for by Snivellus these past few years, it's a disgrace," he said with a disgusted look on his face.

Alex laughed at his face.  "For the record, I kept mostly to myself and spent a lot of time outdoors and away from him," she reassured him.  "Don't worry, I still shower and wash my hair regularly."

Sirius began to laugh loudly at that comment before throwing an arm around Alex's shoulder.  "Oh yes, you are most certainly my daughter," he told her with a soft smile.  She wrapped her arm around his waist into a side hug at those words.

They all fell into silence as they continued walking before Sirius looked at Harry, who had a small smile on his face as he heard Alex and Alliana laughing together. It was the happiest he'd seen his best friend happy in a long time.

"You know what this means?" Sirius told Harry, which caused Alliana and Alex to quiet down so they could listen in. "Turning Peter in?"

"You're free," Harry told him.

The thought made Alex excited. If he was free, Alliana would be free as well and they could be a proper family.

"Yes..." Sirius said. "But I'm also - I don't know if anyone ever told you - we're your godparents." He gestured to himself and Alliana.