31. In the alcove behind the tapestry is where confusion ensues

That Bludger had managed to crack her rib but with a potion from Madam Pomfrey and a healing spell, Alex was no longer in pain and ran back to the Gryffindor common room

That Bludger had managed to crack her rib but with a potion from Madam Pomfrey and a healing spell, Alex was no longer in pain and ran back to the Gryffindor common room.  Everyone was setting up for the biggest party Gryffindor had ever seen.  Rumors were going around about how the other houses would be having their own parties as well, except for Slytherin, of course.

She ran all the way up to her dorm and quickly showered, having sweat more than she ever did during that match.  After getting out, she dried her hair before changing into a long sleeve grey t-shirt and some light jeans with Converse.  She let her hair fall down her back in its natural waves before going downstairs to where the party was in full swing.

Everyone was dancing and cheering, the Quidditch Cup was on a mantel by the fireplace, music was playing, and drinks were flowing.  Alex immediately grabbed a butterbeer before finding Ron, Harry, and Hermione enjoying their own drinks in a corner, still in disbelief over the game.

"You did it, Harry!" Alex exclaimed as she hugged him for the fiftieth time since the game ended, it felt like.  "You best Malfoy and in front of the whole school!"

"And you were amazing out there as well!" Hermione told her with a laugh.

"Yeah, you showed those Slytherins!" Ron added with a laugh.

Alex waved off their compliments with a goofy smile before deciding to head over to the dance floor.  She found Angelina and Alicia, who began to twirl her around as they were joined by Fred and George.  Alex felt Fred grab her hand, twirling her out and pulling her back into his chest, causing them both to laugh. Neither one of them pulled away as they continued to dance, even just beginning to sway as they looked into the other's eyes.

"Do you want to go for a walk?" He asked, leaning in close to her ear so only she could hear him.

Lightly biting her lip because of nerves, Alex nodded, allowing Fred to take her hand and lead her out of the craziness in the common room. George and Hermione noticed the two leave and sent hopeful looks in the direction, just praying they would talk or do something.

As soon as they were out and walking down the corridor, Alex realized that Fred had yet to let go of her hand, but she didn't want to pull away, liking the feeling way too much.  His hand was much larger than hers and very warm as their fingers were interlocked.

"How are your ribs?" He asked finally.

"They're okay," she reassured with a squeeze to his hand. "You actually ended up cracking one, but I'm okay."

Fred groaned, letting go of her hand as he leaned against the wall. "I'm so sorry," he told her for the millionth time that day.

Alex laughed as she stood next to him. "Fred, it's okay!" She gushed. "That's just the game we play, okay?"

"I know," Fred told her. "But I should've anticipated the move and aimed more carefully."

"Hey," she nudged his shoulder. "I'm okay, see?" She then flapped her arms wildly while jumping up and down, which made Fred laugh. "See, full range of motion and everything."