32. Note to self: Never cross Alexandria Selwyn

While everyone else was feeling euphoric over Gryffindor's win, Alex's mood had been completely ruined since that night in the alcove

While everyone else was feeling euphoric over Gryffindor's win, Alex's mood had been completely ruined since that night in the alcove.  Fred had been avoiding her and it was very obvious as he made sure they were never alone together whatsoever.

It hurt her because she thought that after the entire school year of nonstop flirting with each other, it would've amounted to something since they had kissed.  It was like they were confessing to each other that they did care for each other in that way.

But she was wrong.

So she ignored him as well.  Whenever they were around each other, Alex didn't even bother looking in his direction or acknowledging anything he said to her.  It didn't go unnoticed by Hermione and George, who immediately questioned the two of them separately about what the heck happened after they left the common room that night.

Alex had confessed to Hermione about the kiss one night and ended up crying the entire time because she was just so confused.  Why did he flip a one eighty on her regarding his feelings?  He went from regularly joking and flirting with her to kissing her and then straight to ignoring her existence.  It made no sense.

When Hermione offered to talk to him, Alex immediately protested and told her to just leave it be.  With the exams coming up, she didn't need the distraction and opted to just ignore it for a little longer.  But it didn't help that those thoughts were plaguing her mind to the point where her sleep schedule was being affected once more, not only by the thought of her father and mother somewhere out there, but now boys.  Stupid boys who kissed her and then ignored her existence.

So she threw herself into studying.  With the added subjects, her workload was a bit much, but she didn't mind it, it distracted her from her emotional turmoil that was brewing inside her mind and heart.  Not only that, but Cedric had asked for her help again in studying for his O.W.L. Potions exam that he wanted to take as a N.E.W.T. level class.

One late night after dinner and before curfew, Alex found herself in his company in the library as they worked diligently on studying for Potions and Transfiguration, since Alex was still worried about it, though she had certainly improved form previous years. Cedric had been explaining something to her when he noticed her zoning out, her mind still stuck on the kiss with Fred.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked.

Alex looked up at him and groaned, rubbing the tiredness from her eyes. "I'm so sorry, Cedric," she groaned. "I am just not focused at all."

"It's okay," he reassured her. "What's wrong?"

Hesitating, Alex glanced around to make sure they were alone before looking back up at him. "Promise you won't have any loud reactions or laugh?"

He nodded, his interest obviously piqued, so Alex took a deep breath.  "The night of the quidditch final, Fred and I left the common room to pull a harmless prank on Filch," she began, causing Cedric to laugh and shake his head.  "So after we pulled the prank, we ran and hid together and then-" she nervously swallowed before looking in his eyes,  "-he kissed me."