30. Gryffindor VS Slytherin

Later that day, Alex sat in the common room, working on getting homework done before quidditch practice

Later that day, Alex sat in the common room, working on getting homework done before quidditch practice.  It was beginning to get stressful the closer they got to taking their exams. Add the Quidditch final on top of it and Alex felt like she was on the verge of a mental breakdown.

"Alright," Ron spoke as he and Harry entered, walking right to where she was sat, "how did you predict Hermione's mental breakdown?"

Alex looked up and furrowed her brow. "What are you talking about?"

"Hermione's mental breakdown," Ron told her. "She blew up on Trelawney and basically quit Divination today."

Alex couldn't help but snort. "Oh that's just rich," she told them as she went back to studying before seeing that they were still watching her. "Boys, I was joking when I said that, I didn't think she'd actually have one."

They both looked at each other before Hermione walked in and after a quick greeting, began to work on her homework. They all didn't say anything as she seemed rather tense over the days events and worked on their separate homework in silence.

The Easter holidays ended up being anything but as everyone was swamped with homework.  Not only was homework burying everyone, but Harry and Alex had to worry about quidditch on top of their homework as well.

The Quidditch final would be the week after break and everyone was beginning to get nervous for it, Alex more than usual.  It was making falling asleep very hard that Wood practically forced a sleeping draught down her throat every night to get a good nights sleep.

"You know, this could probably be considered assault," Alex told him as he held the sleeping draught.

"Just open up!" Wood exclaimed, practically dumping the draught down her throat, which made her gag at the taste.

It really did help her sleep.  And she wanted to win as much as Wood did, not only for Gryffindor but because of Malfoy's attitude about Buckbeak's verdict.  She wanted nothing more than to rub in his face the fact of how much better Gryffindor was than Slytherin, even with the Nimbus 2001s.

However, after the Easter holidays ended, tensions were extremely high between the two teams which had resulted in several scuffles in the hallways.  Alex had to be careful wherever she went because the Slytherins seemed determined to take her and Harry out, which she suspected had to do with their possession of the Firebolts.

Fred and George took to personally escorting her to and from classes, which annoyed the Slytherins as they couldn't attack her with those two standing close by, wands at the ready.  She was just grateful that they were ensuring her safety.

The Friday before the match, she sat in the library, Fred and George sitting with her and actually studying for a little bit to make sure she wasn't alone.  They all needed the distraction for a minute before heading back up to the Gryffindor to get a good nights sleep.