24. Yay, we're all friends agai- I spoke too soon

After her conversation with Fred, Alex went back to the common room, forgoing the rest of her classes that day, understandably so

After her conversation with Fred, Alex went back to the common room, forgoing the rest of her classes that day, understandably so. When Hermione came in later after lessons had ended, she made a beeline for where Alex sat in the common room, working on an essay for Herbology.

"Where'd you go?" She asked, setting her things down to begin homework.

"I didn't want to be gawked at for the entire day," Alex responded, not looking up from her essay.

Hermione furrowed her brow. "What do you mean?"

Alex finally set her essay down and looked at Hermione. "You haven't heard?" She questioned, which made Hermione shake her head. "Harry practically announced to the entire castle who my father is."

As if on cue, more students began to pour into the common room, everyone whispering in hushed voices when they saw Alex. Even Harry and Ron had walked in but they both avoided eye contact with the two girls. It made Alex roll her eyes before going back to her essay.

"Oh, I'm sorry, Alex," Hermione told her as she continued pulling out her textbooks.

"It's fine," Alex shrugged before looking at the time. "I've got to head to the pitch for practice, assuming I'm not kicked off the team."

"But Wood can't kick you off just because of who your father is!" Hermione exclaimed. "You can't help it."

Alex only shrugged before running her bag up to her dorm room and exiting the common room to find Fred and George heading in the same direction that she was heading. They slowed their pace when they saw her following after them.

"Everyone, beware!" George announced as they walked down the corridors. "Sirius Black's child coming through!"

"Yes, make way!" Fred added, causing Alex to crack a smile.

It made her smile to know that they weren't treating her any differently just because of who her father was. In fact, their actions reminded her of when Harry was being accused of opening the Chamber of Secrets the previous year and they made announcements like that for him. While it should've annoyed her, she was grateful that it was their way of showing she was still their friend.

Eventually, they made it down to the pitch where everyone was heading into the locker rooms to change. Harry looked up to see Alex approaching and laughing with the twins, but when they made eye contact, she looked away, still angry with him for what he had done earlier that day.

"Alex!" Wood called from where he was already in his quidditch robes.

She abandoned the twin's side and ran over to where he stood. "Yes?"

"Your dad is Sirius Black?"

She didn't know how many times she could roll her eyes in one day before they were permanently stuck, but she did it again before looking at Wood. "Yes, he's my father but that isn't going to change the way I play quidditch and if you don't have an issue with it, seeing as I've never given you a reason to question my ability, I will be going to change now."