7. So you're saying we should do it again?

Alex gasped loudly as she ran as fast as her legs would take her

Alex gasped loudly as she ran as fast as her legs would take her. She had no idea where she was, but seeing that she was in some kind of dark forest, she had to guess it would be the Forbidden Forest. She could only hope that she didn't run into Aragog's children like she had the previous year with Ron and Harry.

Stopping for a second to take a breather and lean against a tree, she glanced around before hearing footsteps coming right toward her. Not wasting another second to rest, Alex took off further into the woods, ignoring whoever was running after her.

Eventually, Alex's luck ran out and she tripped on a tree root, falling face-first into the dirt with a grunt. She groaned before sitting up to hear the person, who had been chasing her slowing their own pace before finding her, an evil smirk on his face as he came clearly into the dim lighting of the forest.

She was staring into the eyes of her crazy father.

"Well, well, well," he spoke softly, walking towards her as he withdrew a wand.  "I finally have you in my clutches."

Alex immediately pulled her wand out and pointed it at him, ready to defend herself, even if it was futile as he was far more experienced in dueling than her. She scooted back as far as she could from the ground, but a boulder blocked her escape and she felt terror creeping up her back.

"Why are you doing this?" She asked tearfully. "I thought you cared about Mum and I thought you cared about me. Was it all a lie?"

Sirius couldn't help but roll his eyes at Alex's pathetic attempt to humanize him when he was clearly so gone.

"It's complicated," was his reply.

Before she could react, he lifted his wand and uttered the unforgivable curse she was fearing. A scream escaped her lips as she lifted her arms, attempting to cover herself as the flash of green light made its way to her, even though there was no saving her.

"Alex!"

A loud gasp sounded from her as she opened her eyes to find that she wasn't in the Forbidden Forest, but rather in her dorm room. Hermione stood over her, worry etched on her features as she looked over her best friend, who had just woken everyone in the dorms up with her screams.

"What happened?" Alex asked, rubbing her face to be clear of the cold sweat.

"I heard you mumbling in your sleep and before I could react, that's when you began screaming," Hermione told her. "I tried to get you up as quick as I could but mostly everyone was awake before I could."

A few seconds later, a female prefect rushed in, wand out before a quick scan of the room made her realize that there was no immediate threat in the vicinity. She groaned before looking over where the other girls were pointing at Alex, who was sitting up now, rubbing her forehead.