15. Lovely chat with the Fat Lady

Tears streamed down Alex's face as she leaned against the wall for support, still holding her stomach before getting sick several more times

Tears streamed down Alex's face as she leaned against the wall for support, still holding her stomach before getting sick several more times. By that point, the surrounding students were quick to catch onto what was happening and frantically move to get out of the sick girl's path, several screaming and others just being disgusted at the sight.

The professors rushed over as Alex got sick again, Hermione helping to hold her hair out of her face. Her skin was a sickly green and her eyes closed tightly as her head was pounding because of the anxiety in her chest tightening and the sound from the students surrounding them.

"Miss Selwyn!" Professor McGonagall exclaimed as she walked over, putting her arm around the young girl.

"All of you to the Great Hall!" Professor Dumbledore ordered.

None of the other Gryffindors hesitated and quickly made their way back to where they had just come from. The only people that were still there was the trio, as well as the twins.   Alex leaned heavily against Professor McGonagall for support, the smallest sounds causing her head to pound even harder.

"We'll need someone to escort her to the Great Hall," Professor Snape spoke up, watching his goddaughter carefully while Professor Lupin cleaned up the mess she made with a wave of his wand. "And we should have her checked by Madam Pomfrey as soon as possible."

"We can help her get there," Fred spoke up, moving to take Professor McGonagall's place. "We're not scared of a little vomit."

Alex closed her eyes, the embarrassment too much for her as more tears poured down her face. Fred and George took to her sides as Professor McGonagall passed them a bucket just in case she got sick again on the way to the Great Hall. Not waiting for another second, the six students made their way quickly back to where they had just come from.

Luckily, Alex didn't get sick again on the way to the Great Hall. However, as soon as they made it into the loud and bustling room, the noise caused her head to pound again, in turn, causing her to grab the bucket from George's hand and throw up again.

The twins managed to guide her to sit down as she got sick several more times, crying even more out of embarrassment because of the students around them looking at her in disgust. She just wished that a hole would open up below her and swallow her whole instead of having to deal with the humiliation any longer.

Madam Pomfrey rushed into the Great Hall and immediately spotted her with the bucket. "Oh dear heavens, Miss Selwyn, are you alright?" She gushed, moving the twins out of the way as she began to do a check-up on Alex.

"The anxiety," she was able to croak out, her eyes bloodshot with tears before getting sick again.

"Oh dear child," she told her, gently brushing her hair back.

About ten minutes later, they were joined by Slytherin, Ravenclaw, and Hufflepuff, who all looked just as confused as the next house. Everyone listened to the announcement being made about the teachers conducting a search of the castle and how everyone needed to spend the night there.  Leaving the Head Boy and Girl in charge, Dumbledore and the professors left the Great Hall after leaving the students with sleeping bags.