26. Gryffindor VS Ravenclaw

The next morning, Alex woke up normally after having actually slept normally surprisingly the night before

The next morning, Alex woke up normally after having actually slept normally surprisingly the night before.  Her nightmares and sleepless nights seemed to be more at bay without any mentions of her father recently.  It also helped having talked things out with Harry even if they were in slight disagreement again.

She quickly climbed out of bed and got dressed before grabbing her Firebolt, still smiling over the fact that it was hers and she knew nothing would stop the team from winning the match that day.  Running down the steps of the dorms, she entered to find people beginning to make their way to breakfast, all sporting some kind of Gryffindor gear for the game.  She spotted Fred and George standing by the couch but both ceased their conversation when they saw her enter.

"Ahh, there she is!" George exclaimed happily.  "We thought we'd walk with you to breakfast, y'know, make sure nothing happens to you or your magnificent broom on the way there."

Alex eyed them suspiciously but cautiously agreed as they left the common room.  True to their word, they walked down to the Great Hall.  However, just before entering, George snatched the broom suddenly from her hand, causing her to stop in her step.

"George, what are yo - AGH!"

Taking advantage of her distracted moment, Fred had knelt down and pulled her onto his shoulder before standing to his full height, which made her high off the ground.  George then handed the broom back to her from where she was on his twins' shoulder so she could hold it over her shoulder again.  He moved to stand next to Fred on the other side, both boys supporting her on their shoulders as they entered the Great Hall.  It was quite easy, seeing as she was smaller than them.

"Make way!" George announced, which made Alex laugh as all eyes turned to see the odd scene.  "Great Firebolt making its way in!"

"Yes, out of the way, peasants!" Fred yelled.

They carried her the entire way to the Gryffindor table where Harry and the rest of the team was already sitting with his own Firebolt.  She jokingly waved her hand in a royal manner and blew kisses as she spared a glance around to see people watching with wonder. Almost everybody's jaws had dropped in amazement, except those at the Slytherin table, who had gone pale when they saw that there wasn't just one, but two Firebolts on the Gryffindor team now.  Most of the Gryffindors beamed with pride as the twins finally set Alex down with a laugh.

"Well, that was quite the entrance," a voice spoke, causing them to turn and see Cedric standing there.

"They sort of surprised me by doing that," Alex told him breathlessly with a laugh.

Cedric's eyes were on the Firebolt as she laid it on the table right by Harry's on Wood's instructions.  "Those are very impressive," he told her before congratulating them on the brooms.  "Good luck on your game!"

"Thanks, Ced!" She told him before sitting down with the rest of the team.

More people from Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff came over to check out their brooms and Harry couldn't help but nudge Alex with pride over their brooms as they ate their breakfast happily.