17. Gryffindor VS Hufflepuff

The morning of the quidditch match had come and Alex had barely gotten any sleep

The morning of the quidditch match had come and Alex had barely gotten any sleep. The storm raging outside the window was the culprit of waking her up early the next morning.  And that was with Wood practically forcing a sleeping draught down her throat the night before. She just laid in bed in the early morning hours, thinking of the match and having to go up against Cedric.

Yes, she liked him, but this was quidditch and even Cedric would agree that feelings were put aside when they were on the pitch. So by no means would she be going easy on his team today simply because she liked him.

Knowing she wasn't going to get any more sleep, she climbed out of bed and grabbed her broomstick before heading down to get breakfast. It would be the only thing that would wake her up enough to actually play. Though, part of her knew that the second she was outside, the freezing wind and rain would wake her up instantly as well.

Walking into the Great Hall, she immediately spotted Harry already at the Gryffindor table with a bowl of porridge in front of him. "Wow, you're up even earlier than I am," she teased as she sat across from him.

Harry only shrugged. "Peeves thought it would be funny to wake me up this morning while it was still dark out."

"Of course he did," Alex grumbled before she began piling food onto her plate.

She knew that Wood wouldn't approve of her eating such a hefty meal but if he wanted her awake for the match, he was going to keep his mouth shut. Harry raised an eyebrow as he watched her eat the meal to which she shook her head as if telling him to refrain from making any comments.

"So I heard that someone set off a dungbomb in the Slytherin Common Room yesterday," Harry spoke up with a smirk. "You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

Though she did her best, Alex wasn't able to bite back the smirk that was pulling at her lips over the prank she had pulled with Fred the day before. "I haven't the faintest idea as to what you are talking about, Harry Potter."

That caused him to laugh.

They continued eating silently and one by one, the rest of the team made their way into the Great Hall. When Fred and George walked in, they both claimed a spot on either side of Alex as Angelina graciously french-braided her hair back.

"Good morning, Alex," they greeted simultaneously.

"Good morning, boys," she greeted back as Angelina finished the braid.

Her stomach was quite full and she finished off the meal with a goblet of orange juice before laying her head down on the table. Oliver came into the Great Hall a few moments later and immediately made his way over to where the team was waiting for him.

"It's going to be a tough one," he spoke, the nerves getting to him as he wasn't bothering to touch any food that the team members tried to offer him.

"Don't worry, Wood," Alex told him with her head still laying on the table, "we don't mind a bit of rain."