1. Please let this year be normal!

"He doesn't get a trial?!" Alliana exclaimed as she stood in the Ministry, speaking to Remus Lupin

"He doesn't get a trial?!" Alliana exclaimed as she stood in the Ministry, speaking to Remus Lupin.  The older man stared at Alliana as she held a toddler Alexandria, who was the spitting image of a young Sirius.

"It's for the best," he told her calmly, "he betrayed the Order in a way that can never be forgiven.  He's the reason the Potters are dead and Harry is orphaned-"

"The lot of you are completely insane to think Sirius would ever betray James Potter, who was practically his brother, who took him when he ran away from home, who stood by his side through every single struggle we have had these past few years.  Don't you dare tell me that my husband would betray his brother!" She spat angrily at him.

"Alliana," a different voice spoke, causing her to turn and come face to face with Dumbledore, the fire in her chest burning hotter, "the evidence adds up.  There is no questioning it at all."

"How can you say that?!" Alliana shouted, causing Alexandria to begin crying, activating Alliana's motherly instinct.  "Sirius was one of the most faithful members of the Order.  He didn't do this." She shushed Alex quietly before looking at the two men. "I hope you both are able to live with yourself, knowing that Alexandria will grow up without a father and you encouraged putting an innocent man away," she spat before leaving the two men behind, neither bothering to run after her as she walked away.

The next day, Alliana stood on the platform, holding her daughter's hand and small velvet beaded bag.  To muggles, it was a simple pouch, but to the wizarding world, it held an undetectable extension charm, holding all of Alliana and Alexandria's possessions.

A train was called for and Alliana quickly picked up Alexandria, walking onto the train.  Tears slowly flowed down her face as they found a compartment to themselves.  Alliana pulled a small piece of parchment of her bag, reading it over and over again with the job offer before the train began moving in the direction they were headed.

She thought of all that had happened in such little time and part of her was ready to leave this all behind.  She would stay in touch with those who mattered most to her but she knew that leaving England was best for now.  There was nothing left for her and Alex there. She needed to get her daughter away from all the negativity that was surrounding their surname and going to work at the dragon sanctuary in Romania was the way to go about it for now.

The young, single mother began sobbing as she thought of having to do this alone.  Slowly, she felt the anxiety tightening in her chest as her sobs grew louder and she begged it to go away.

But it wouldn't.

Alex awoke with a gasp, her own chest tightening with the same anxiety her mother had been feeling in her dream. She slowed her breathing before glancing at the clock on her nightstand, it read three o'clock in the morning, causing her to groan and fall back in her bed. She closed her eyes to try to see if her body was tired enough to go back to sleep, though she knew it was futile.