35. Sirius, not now with the dramatics!

"WHAT?!" Alex found herself yelling after a beat of silence

"You're both mental," Ron spoke.

"Ridiculous!" Hermione added.

"Peter Pettigrew's dead!" Harry yelled. "He killed him twelve years ago!" He pointed to where Sirius sat with Alliana still attempting to keep him calm.

"I meant to," Sirius stated, "but little Peter got the better of me... not this time, though!" He then lunged at the rat, but ended up falling partially on Ron's injured leg.

"Stop, Sirius!" Alliana cried as she tried to pull him off of Ron's leg, who was crying in pain.

"Sirius, NO!" Lupin yelled, attempting to help Alliana as well. "WAIT! You can't do it just like that - they need to understand - we've got to explain -"

"We can explain afterwards!" Sirius growled, still trying to fight both Lupin and Alliana off of him.

Scabbers was squealing loudly as he tried to scramble away, though Ron kept a firm hold on him, even if he was being scratched and bitten.

"Sirius, please stop, think of Alex!" Alliana cried desperately, glancing in the direction of their daughter. "She deserves an explanation after all these years!"

"Yes!" Lupin agreed, still fighting Sirius, though he wasn't fighting as much anymore, Alliana's words registering to him. "They've - got - a - right - to - know - everything! Ron's kept him as a pet! There are parts of it even I don't understand! And Harry - you owe Harry the truth as well, Sirius!"

The words of both Alliana and Lupin seemed to register with Sirius because he stopped fighting but still glared at Scabbers. 

"All right, then," Sirius spoke.  "Tell them whatever you like.  But make it quick, Remus. I want to commit the murder I was imprisoned for..."

"Sirius, stop with the dramatics, you're scaring them," Alliana scolded.

"You're nutters, the three of you," Ron added.  "I've had enough of this.  I'm off."

He tried to stand but Lupin pointed his wand at Scabbers.  "You're going to hear me out, Ron," he told him.  "Just keep a tight hood on Peter while you listen."

"HE'S NOT PETER, HE'S SCABBERS!" Ron yelled, causing Alex to jump and cling to Hermione's arm, her head beginning to spin from the new information that was being thrown at them.  She wasn't sure what to believe at the moment.

"There were witnesses who saw Pettigrew die," Harry spoke. "A whole street full of them..."

"They didn't see what they thought they saw!" Sirius yelled, his eyes transfixed on Scabbers still struggling in Ron's hand.

"Everyone thought Sirius killed Peter," Lupin told him. "I believed it myself - until I saw the map tonight. Because the Marauder's Map never lies... Peter's alive. Ron's holding him, Harry."