4. Late night talks with Fred Weasley

That night, Alex slept very little because of the fear that coursed through her body

That night, Alex slept very little because of the fear that coursed through her body.  The letter from her mother left little explanation, save it be that she still wasn't safe and that someone was still after her, reasons still unknown.

From what Alex could remember, her mother was never malicious or rude to anyone, especially not to the point where they wanted to kill her.  Her mother was kind and she just wanted her back in her life and everything to go back to normal or as normal as it could be. But it also said she would see her soon but how soon was that?  Why couldn't she just tell it to her straight?

Eventually, she was able to sleep for just a few hours early in the morning. The sound of knocking is what woke her up that morning as she groggily sat up and walked towards her door. Opening it up, she found Harry awake and ready for the day with a smile.

"Good morning, Harry," she mumbled sleepily.

His smile dropped as he furrowed his brow in concern, following her in as she walked back over to her bed.  "Alex, did you sleep at all last night?"

"A little bit," she admitted as she sat on the edge of the bed.  "But a cold shower will wake me right up and I will be ready to spend this last day in Diagon Alley."

With it being the day before Hogwarts students went back to school, there would definitely be the fair share of those who waited until the absolute last minute to get supplies. Part of her was excited to be going back but part of her was also scared because of her father being in the loose. Would he attempt to make his way to Hogwarts? Would it be safe for students?

Harry shook his head.  "Why don't you go back to sleep?" He offered with a shrug.  "If I see Ron and Hermione, I'll come get you."

She immediately shook her head, standing up and walking to her trunk.  "I will take a cold shower and be downstairs in twenty minutes," she told him.  "Wait for me, okay?"

He sighed before agreeing and leaving her room to give her the privacy to get ready.  The cold shower woke her right up and she exited to get ready for the day. After changing into a striped t-shirt with some pants and her trainers with her hair pulled into a ponytail, she made her way downstairs to find Harry waiting by the back entrance for her.

As she approached, he looked at her quizzically but she did her best to put on the "I'm wide awake" look, even though the exhaustion began creeping back in. Not wanting to try and talk her out of it, Harry followed her as the two teens walked to the entrance of Diagon Alley and began making their way down the street.

It was busy and bustling as people ran by from shop to shop to get their supplies for the year.  Alex couldn't help but be grateful that she had already got all of her supplies the few weeks before.  Within the crowd, she could see several people she recognized and smiled as she offered waves in their direction.

"Ready for another possible crazy year?" Alex asked as they walked down the street.

"Is there ever a normal year at Hogwarts?" Harry asked with a laugh.