20. The problem coming back to slap you in the face

Alex walked around to different shops, buying presents for her friends for Christmas, as well as looking for Ron and Hermione

Alex walked around to different shops, buying presents for her friends for Christmas, as well as looking for Ron and Hermione.  Eventually, she caught up to them as they were walking into Honeydukes.

"Glad we found you," Ron spoke as they all entered the shop.  "We're trying to think of what treats to get for Harry."

"Let's go look then," she told them before walking over to the unusual taste side.

Alex looked over several sweets before Ron pointed out the tray of blood-flavored lollipops.  "What about these for Harry?"

"Ugh no," Hermione told them, "Harry won't want of those, they're for vampires, I expect."

"Ooh, do you think I should get some for Snape?" Alex asked, causing Ron to snicker at her comment.

"Snape's not a vampire," he spoke before seeing Alex's sly smile, which caused his playful smile to drop.  "Right?"

"Guess you'll find out eventually," she teased with a wiggle of her hand in his direction before looking over the other products close by.

"You're scaring him, Alex," Hermione scolded with a shake of her head.

"It's just a bit of fun, 'Mione," Alex nudged her, causing Hermione to crack a smile.  "Christmas spirit and all, right?"

"How about these?" Ron asked, holding out a jar of Cockroach Clusters.

"Definitely not," Harry's voice spoke suddenly, causing the three friends to nearly jump out of their skin. They all turned to see him standing there with a wide smile on his face.

"Harry!" Hermione exclaimed while Alex was shocked about him just standing there.  "What are you doing here?"

She sputtered slightly while Alex just looked at him with a wide eyed gaze, unable to say anything.  He was supposed to be up at the castle, safe from where someone like Sirius Black could show up to hurt him.

"Wow!" Ron exclaimed, "you've learned to Apparate!"

"'Course I haven't," he told them before dropping his voice, "Fred and George bestowed me some early holiday cheer in the form of something called the Marauder's Map.  It shows where everyone in Hogwarts is, as well as where they're heading and the secret passages out of the school."

"The Marauders?" Alex asked.

"Yeah!" Harry told her with an excited nod.  "Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs."

Upon hearing the name, Alex's stomach tightened.  "Did you say Padfoot?" She asked. 

Harry nodded again.

Before she could ask another question, Ron quickly spoke up, "How come Fred and George never gave it to me!"

Alex's blood boiled over the thought of them doing something so reckless and she quickly excused herself out of the shop to find the twins. It didn't take long because as soon as she walked out of the shop, she bumped right into Fred's body, causing the both of them to fall to the snow covered ground.