32. Note to self: Never cross Alexandria Selwyn

Start from the beginning

Cedric's mouth dropped but he smiled happily.  "That's great!"

"No it's not!" She exclaimed, dropping her head on the table with an audible bang.  "He left right after and now, he's been ignoring me ever since and I don't know what I did wrong!"

Now, Cedric had to bite his lip when he realized what Alex had to be insinuating. "So do you think he thought you were a bad kisser?" Cedric asked.

"I don't know!" She gushed nervously. "It's not like he gave me feedback on what I needed to work on."

Cedric snorted, which made Alex pick up his Potions textbook and whack him with it. "Okay, okay, I'm sorry!" He laughed, dodging the Potions textbook. "Well, why don't you kiss me and I can tell you if you're a bad kisser or not?"

Registering his words, Alex's eyes widened. "Ced, I thought we agreed we were better as friends, is actually kissing you going to make it weird or awkward?"

"No, because we both have made it clear that we're just friends and this is what friends do, they help each other," he told her.

Alex raised an eyebrow at him.  "But I thought you haven't had your first kiss yet," she remembered from their date.

Cedric shrugged.  "It's okay," he told her.  "You are a very pretty girl and I wouldn't mind going around saying that my first kiss was with someone as beautiful as you."

That caused Alex to snort but also blush before Cedric leaned in a little closer.  "So what do you say, Selwyn?"

Meanwhile, Fred and George were making their way down the corridor to get some studying done but George could tell something was wrong with his twin. He had eventually gotten Fred to admit a few days later how he had kissed Alex that night but also how he had just left her there alone.  Then how he was ignoring her, trying to forget his feelings because he didn't want to lose her as a friend.

George had scolded Fred to no end, telling him what a complete imbecile move that was and how he needed to make it right with Alex, especially if he liked her as much as he said he did.  Fred knew he was right but that didn't make it any easier to admit.

He had enjoyed the kiss thoroughly, but he freaked out when he realized it was Alex, one of his best friends, Alex.  His mind immediately thought about if things didn't work out for them, he didn't want to lose her as a friend, so he decided to suppress his feelings, even if it hurt him in the long run.

"You need to talk to her," George told him as they made it to the library to study for their O.W.L.s.  "Tonight, if you find her."

Fred puffed a breath but nodded.  "You're right."

Upon entering, they immediately walked towards the back of the library.  As they got closer, Fred spotted Alex sitting with Cedric Diggory and stopped to watch the interaction between the two.  They had been hanging out more the closer it got to taking their exams.  Alex had just finished beating him with a textbook, then they spoke in whispers before Cedric said something that made Alex blush and snort.  Then he leaned in close to her and whispered something else.

Fred watched as Alex gulped before nodding slightly, looking nervous.  Cedric then caressed her cheek gently, the same way Fred had that night and quickly closed the space between them.  The moment they were lip locked, Fred's stomach tightened at the sight and he grabbed George's arm, dragging him out of the library.

"Hey, what about studying - Oh," George questioned until he saw what Fred had seen.

Fred yanked George's arm harder and they quickly left the library, Fred's stomach turning as he practically sped walked the entire way back to the Gryffindor common room. George could only follow after him, but even he could see that Fred was fuming.