30.

Layout of Kayden's house ↑

Also, check out the INTRODUCTION chapter. I've uploaded photos of the characters.

But you can imagine whoever you want<3

Enjoy reading <3

//

Candice Dale

Unknown:
Sent just now:
She'll be here any minute.

I placed my phone on the table and relaxed in my seat.

I'm currently in the parking lot of Westfield Century City, waiting for Eve. We decided to meet today to celebrate my promotion to an assistant event manager.

Well, it wasn't a promotion, I landed the job.

I was in New York for the past month, helping Celine choosing the venue for this huge ball she has been asked to organise by one oft he most wealthy businessman there.

I quit my job as a barista and joined a well known event organising company not very long ago.

Her assistant event manager delivered a baby a few months ago so she was looking for someone to fill in as soon as possible because the ball is suppose to happen within five months.

Five months is a really small amount of time to plan such a huge fucking ball.

I saw the ad and jumped at the opportunity. I was tired of my job and wanted to do something new.

The office where the interview was held was packed with people. I wasn't entirely clueless in this field because the restaurant I worked in got wedding receptions and birthday party orders frequently.

Two rounds of interviews.

Aced all of them and boom.

Got the job.

My phone vibrated signaling a text and I picked it up.

Unknown:
Received just now:
Okay
Text me later
Don't forget what I said

Unknown:
Sent just now:
Yes
I won't tell anyone anything

I fliched and my phone slipped from my hand when someone knocked hard on my window.

Eve was doing tiny jumps in place, her hand gesturing to open the door in excitement with a huge smile plastered of her face.

I picked up my phone. She engulfed me in a big hug as soon I opened the door and the warmth of her hug sent a pang of regret through my chest.

"I'm so FUCKING proud of you, you little shit. I knew you'd do it."

"Thank you so much." I said, laughing.

"Come with me." She said and covered my eyes with her hands. "Walk until I ask you to stop."

After walking a few steps she told me to take a left and stop. When I opened my eyes, my mouth parted in surprise.

"Congratulations beautiful." Ron said with a huge smile, a balloon that said congratulations, a box of cake and a bouquet of flowers in his hand.

"This bitch was suppose to be in Compton." I said, frozen in place.

"You're welcome." He said as he walked towards me, laughing on his way and kissed my head.

"I planned it when you were in New York. Wanted to prank you." Eve said, looking proud of herself.