17.

Took me really long to make that but I like how it turned out.
Let me know what you think about it :)
Enjoy reading <3

Adding the song here because it won't let me add above :')

//

Evelyn Jones

"You bitch. Where the fuck were you yesterday? Was your phone stuck up your ass last night? I called you like a hundred times." Candice yelled through the phone as soon as she answered the call.

"I'm so sorry. My phone was on silent, and I was going to text you as soon as I checked it in the morning and saw your missed calls, but it died." I said. "Is everything alright?"

Candice sighed, "Yeah, everything's fine. I was calling to tell you that I was thinking about having a movie night. I called Ron to ask if he was free this weekend and he said yes. But I got a call from my work place this morning saying I have to help in making desserts and decoration for this wedding this weekend, so our plan has gone down the drain," she said sadly.

"I texted Ron about this. He said we can meet the next weekend if possible.....ugh, thats a long fucking time."

"Yeah, but we don't have a choice either. Even I have this celebration in the private room on Saturday I have to bartend at," I lied.

I can't put them at risk by knowing anything. Last thing I want is for that asshole to drag them in too.

"Yeah we don't have a choice. I've work, you have work...," and a cut that I don't want to explain.

"It's okay. We'll meet next weekend as Ron said. Time will fly by and next weekend will arrive without you even realising it." I said in an attempt to cheer her up.

"Yeah, time better fly by before I drown myself in the fucking ocean." Candice huffed out frustratingly.

___

I'm in the car with Kayden driving to the club. After talking to Candice after my shower and tending my wound, I slept like a baby and jerked awake when the alarm went off.

For a while I considered to take a leave but then started to make my way towards the bathroom.

Kayden was leaning against the door of the car, waiting for me like he did everyday. His arms were folded over his chest as he glared at the ground with furrowed eyebrows.

It was a little nerve wrecking to sit in the car with him after what happened last night. I kept bouncing my leg and glancing at the side mirror on my side.

I could sense that he wanted to say something by the way he kept glancing at me and my leg, but he didn't.

We didn't speak at all the entire time. Not having anything to talk about as usual. And I didn't want to thank him for tending my wound last night and give him a reason to snap at me.

My arm isn't hurting a lot anymore but there's a slight pain I feel whenever I move it too fast.

We reached our destination and Kayden again locked the door on my side. I looked at him and caught him already staring at me. I wanted to get out of this car. It was starting to get suffocating.

He furrowed his brows like he was having an internal battle with his thoughts but then sighed through his nose and unlocked the door.

I got out and took a deep breath, and started walking towards the back door.