24.

Smut ahead!

Don't read if you're not comfortable

Also, it's a double update ;)

//

Kayden Merikh

"It's being shipped here," I said as I got out from the passenger seat.

"And the money?"

"Just dropped at Red Heaven."

"Okay." With that we ended the call.

I opened my messages and was about to search for a specific name when Jake abruptly stopped walking and I dashed him on the way towards the elevator.

I looked at him through my sunglasses and made my way around him and towards the elevator. I scanned my thumb on the scanner and the doors in front of me opened.

I looked to my left where he still stood frozen, looking down at the screen of his phone through his sunglasses with furrowed eyebrows.

"What the fuck man?" I asked.

He cleared his throat, "Nothing" he said and entered the elevator.

He's acting a little strange since the past week. Jumps at his phone as soon as he hears a notification, somedays drinks alot while somedays he's sober as a judge.

I just fucking hope there's nothing bothering him.

He would've told me if there was anything. He knows I'll not ask him what's wrong. I'm not a person who can have a heart-to-heart conversation.

We stepped out of the elevator and I walked towards my bedroom. As I removed my sunglasses, I fetched my phone out of my pocket and sent a quick text to rocky saying I'll take it up from tonight.

He picked up and dropped Lyn for the whole week I was out with Jake in Australia for a deal.

And another job.

Jake being the best at his job, went there with a few of his guys, who are a part of his team to do these tasks, a day in advance to keep an eye out incase they have planned any type of shit.

Which they had.

Those bitches were planning to rob us despite of agreeing on a peaceful deal. Guns and money in exchange of cocaine.

So we robbed them instead.

It was a bloody scene. The message had to be sent to there boss that they can't fuck with the most powerful mafia in America.

Not keeping your word is not acceptable in our world.

Came back with weapons, money and cocaine.

I changed out from the black shirt and into a tshirt, and picked up the keys to my car.

As I entered the living room, my eyes zeroed on Jake who was still standing near the elevator, looking down at his phone. What's up with this man tonight?

As soon as I pressed the button and the elevator doors opened, Jake woke up from his frozen state and rushed inside the elevator, nearly punching the button to go down.

The doors begin to shut and I got in just in time. "Go get some fucking sleep because I think you're going crazy."

We barely got any sleep because of the deal.

"Why do you say that?"

No sarcastic answer? Strange.

"Because you are acting weird. And can't fucking see right too I guess."