8.

It's been two days

It's been two days. Two days of me not stepping out of my sanctuary. Two days of me not going to work. Two days without a trace of him in my life.

I think he has forgotten about me. I really hope he has.

Today I should be going to work. I only asked for two days off but now I'm regretting my decision. I'm not ready to go back just yet. It's 5:45 pm and I'm still in the same clothes.

Fuck it. Guess I'm not going today.

I really don't want to be somewhere he can be too. Maybe I should resign? Yeah I should definitely resign.

I'll after this month ends and I get my paycheck.

I spent my time cleaning my entire apartment at least three times the last two days.

I've to admit, I've not seen my apartment this clean since a very long time. I ate some chips that I found in one of the cabinets while cleaning.

___

I was almost about to fall asleep while watching reruns of friends, wrapped up in a blanket on the couch with my packet of chips when someone banged on my door.

I jumped from the noise and looked at it half asleep and then at the digital clock which read 12:37 am.

Who the fuck is it at this time?

It must be Candice.

She had called me the night I was held captive at around 2 in the morning, telling me she was coming to pick me up but I told her I was having stomach ache so I've taken off for a few days.

I walked to the door sleeply. My leg hit something hard when I reached the door and I whispered a string of curses.

I looked down and saw a small bookshelf. I furrowed at it. What th-

Then I remembered why I had kept it there.

My blood ran cold. I was wide awake now. Another hard bang against the door made me jump back.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I wanted to cry.

What if he had decided to kill me so that I wasn't a pain in his ass and he didn't have to worry about me anymore?

Wait. He doesn't know where I live. I don't even know if it's him or not. But it makes it worse because now I don't know who it is at all.

It's not Candice because I remembered she came to meet me the day before yesterday and when she comes to meet me she calls me when she has reached my apartment building. Ron would have informed me a day before.

I was trying to be as quiet as possible so that anyone out there will think that no one's home and then leave.

But what if it's a thief?