4.

Evelyn Jones

It was an amazing car with tinted windows and all black interior, the same color as the exterior.

It smelt of cigarette smoke.

I hated that smell from the core of my heart.

I was sitting awkwardly in the passenger seat, bouncing my left leg with my tote bag on my lap while trying to suppress a cough.

Walking back was a better option I guess.

I saw rude fuck glance at my leg from my spherical vision but then he looked forward at the road and said nothing. It's a ten minutes ride from the bar to my apartment.

"You leave this late every night?" I looked to my left when I heard him.

He was still looking towards the road without any emotion on his face. I turned my head towards the passenger seat window and said 'yes' in a small voice.

I think I should stop calling him rude fuck.....I mean he is helping me.

After a few minutes of silence, his phone started ringing. Keeping his left hand on the steering wheel, he took out his phone from his pocket with the other hand.

He glanced at the screen and furrowed his brows. Then he answered the call and didn't say anything, just listened. When I looked at him, he was glaring at the road ahead.

I heard a muffled talking of someone from the other side of the call.

"I'll be there in 5 minutes." He said and went silent, listening to the other person. He switched the phone in his other hand and angrily whispered something in it.

I looked back head. Again some silence and then he huffed out angrily through his nose and ended the call, putting it in his pocket.

And suddenly the car started moving really fast. I slightly pressed against the backrest of the seat due to the sudden change in speed.

"Slow down." I said and looked at him with wide eyes.

"Shut up." He said, his jaw clinched.

"Slow the car down."

"Shut the fuck up and let me drive." He said, gritting his teeth.

"Why don't you try being a little fucking polite? Slow down the fu-"

"Why don't you try being a little more attentive while doing your fucking job and try not to fucking gawk at your customers? Now stop bitching about how I should act and shut your fucking mouth." He spat angrily.

Rude fuck it is.

Why was I even in his car? He is a fucking stranger whom I've met only twice. How the fuck did I even consider getting in the car with him?

I'm a dumb fucking bitch.

We reached my apartment building within 4 minutes which should have been a ten minutes ride.

I got out of the car and slammed the door shut without thanking him and entered the building.

Walking back was definitely a better option.

___

"I have met him only three times and I just know I don't wanna see him again. I hope I don't see him again." I said while pacing in Can's bedroom.

I came to meet her in the afternoon next day. I made her some soup, cleaned her house a little and washed some dishes that were in the sink.

Ron was on the phone with us. She asked me how my day was yesterday and I've been rambling to them about rude fuck since.

"Okay, so this rude fuck guy helped you by dropping you yesterday but is rude as fuck but he's hot and you are attracted to him but his personality is shit but you want to meet him again but you're too stubborn and won't admit it to us or yourself." Ron concluded and Candice nodded.

"Ye- what? No. Not the last part."

"Don't lie, you think you don't want to but we know you do." She said teasingly is her groggy voice and drank some soup while giving me a small smirk.

"I think your throat needs rest, so you should really consider shutting your mouth. And no I'm not lying."

"O-kay." She said in a sing-song manner, still smirking.

"Don't worry. It's not like he is going to be in your life forever. He's just a stranger. You only met him three times. Don't rile up yourself for nothing." Ron said.

Yeah he is right. He is just a stranger. I shouldn't think about him too much.

He ended the call after telling Candice to take care and that he will meet us soon.

We watched a movie and then I left after giving her medicine and cleaning the bowl and spoon.

I came back to my apartment and then got ready for my shift, praying that I don't have another encounter with him.

//