7.

I was in the passenger seat, pressed against the door with my bag to my left to act as a barrier between me and Jake.

I was like a fucking mannequin. Sitting very still and looking straight ahead, not even blinking my eyes. I want to scratch my nose so fucking bad but I'm afraid to move.

I noticed Jake glance at me with his brown eyes a few times and chuckle to himself from my spherical vision.

I would have asked him what the fuck he finds so funny if the situation was different and not me being realised after being held captive for around 6 hours by him and his friend.

He had offered me a bottle of water before we got into the car but I didn't drink from it.

I think he forgot I'm a bartender.

How did he even think I was going to trust him and drink the fucking water he gave me? Especially after what had happened?

"You seem tensed babe. What's the matter?"

What's the matter?

Oh I don't know? Maybe being kidnapped is not something I'm used to? Maybe I'm sitting beside a criminal who sells drugs? Sorry, my bad.

"Nothing," I said as I glanced at him by just moving my eyeballs towards his direction.

I heard his voice get caught in his throat like he wanted to laugh. I clenched my jaw.

"Don't worry when you are with me. I'm much more fun than that asshole." He said smirking. "

But I can't guarantee you that if you tried to do some sneaky shit with the information you have now." He added darkly, still smirking. I didn't dare to look at him.

___

After reaching the club within 20 minutes which should have been a 30 minutes ride, I opened the passenger seat door immediately and stepped out. And almost sprinted towards the backdoor of the club.

When I was inside, I scratched my nose and pressed my ear against the door, listening closely.

I heard the car drive away after a minute and after staying like that for another minute near the door is when I decided to step out to go to my apartment.

I checked the time on my phone. It's 12:10 am. My shift ends after two hours but I'm in no shape to work right now.

When I reached my apartment, I locked the door. Then placed the small bookshelf in front of the door.

I then went to the kitchen and drank two glass of water and headed towards my bedroom.

I locked the bedroom door too before going to the bathroom for a quick shower. When I looked at myself in the bathroom mirror, I wasn't surprised at the way I looked.

I was a mess.

I smelled of sweat and my wrists were burning a little due to the ropes. My hair felt sweaty. My skin felt sticky.

I removed my sweatshirt and jeans and got into the shower under the warm water thinking about today's events.

I'll call sick for a few days. I can't go to that place knowing what's going on beneath it since God knows how long.

One thing's for sure that Kayden's not someone I should be around with and I must keep my distance from him if I want to be safe.

I mean he sells drugs......that's a giant fucking red flag.

If he can sell drugs then I don't want to know what other things he's capable of doing.

//