11.

I stepped out of my apartment and was descending down the stairs at 5:20

I stepped out of my apartment and was descending down the stairs at 5:20. I didn't sleep before my shift today like I usually do. Not trusting my alarms at all. Don't wanna risk being late.

I stopped in my track when I reached the entrance of the building. I checked my mobile to see the time.

It's 5:21. So I did leave 10 minutes earlier and wasn't dreaming. I looked up again.

Kayden was leaned with his back against the door of his car wearing black glasses and was typing something on his phone.

I could see his jaw clenched and eyebrows forrowed in anger as he glared at the screen like he wanted to get to the other side and kill whoever it was.

He looked up from the screen like he felt my stare on him. Shoving his phone inside his pocket he got inside the car.

I walked towards him and got inside too. He shoved his hands inside his pocket and retrived a pack of cigarettes. Then he took a lighter from the centre console and lit it taking a long drag.

Oh my God.

I'm going to get sick.

"Have you never read the warning on the box? It's dangerous to smoke this much."

"Will you stop telling me what I should do and not do and mind your own fucking business? It's grating on my fucking nerves." He snapped angrily and his nose flared in anger.

"I'm just trying to help you understa-"

"I don't need your fucking help to understand anything. Do you think I don't know cigarettes are not good for health? Well I don't give a fuck if they are or not. Now sit back and shut your damn mouth." He yelled and slammed the lighter in the centre console which made me flinch really hard.

When I turned to look at him he was already staring at me with furrowed eyebrows and a clenched jaw.

His chest was heaving but he didn't look like he was angry now. I couldn't tell what he was feeling but he isn't angry that's for sure. I've to admit, he is hella scary when he is angry.

He looked forward and started driving while I tried to control my tears.

I should have never opened my mouth. I knew he wasn't in a good mood. But that doesn't give him the fucking permission to take all of his anger out on me.

We were silent throughout the drive. Kayden smoked one more cigarette after his first ended. I was looking out of the window the entire time to get some fresh air through the window, not looking in his direction.

When we reached our destination I immediately put my hand on the handle to open it but Kayden was quick to lock it.

I wanted to scream at him so fucking bad.

I didn't turn around and waited for him to speak. He was silent and didn't say anything.

"2:10." He mumbled after a few minutes and unlocked the door. I immediately stepped out without giving him an answer and started walking towards the back door.