15.

Air left my lungs as my body met the ground. Wincing at the light pain in my arm I opened my eyes taking in my surroundings, and realised I wasn't in my apartment.

I was wide awake now. I was lying between a couch and centre table. Last night's incidents started playing in my head and I remembered where I was.

I barely slept last night after what happened. Could still hear the gunshots or see flashes of the incident whenever I closed my eyes.

I stood up and reached for my mobile on the centre table. 8:01 am.....and almost a dozen missed calls from Candice. Fuck. I was about to send her a text but my phone died. Great.

I sighed and looked around the dark living room, stiffening when I saw a silhouette leaning against the kitchen counter, knowing exactly who it belonged to. It started moving towards the fridge.

The fridge door opened and it's light illuminated Kayden's half naked body.

Holy mother of God.

He stood there, rummaging through the fridge. Only a towel wrapped low around his waist.

I saw some ice in his hand and then he shut the door. Again I saw his silhouette moving around and finally he made his way towards the windows and drew back the curtains.

I covered my eyes with my arm when they were greeted by the harsh morning light.

I squinted above my arm and saw Kayden standing with a glass of liquor in his hand. It's fucking 8 in the morning and this man is already drinking.

He was looking at me with a weird expression. Like he was surprised to see me.

As my eyes adjusted to the sunlight, I took in his appearance properly, and I swear to God I've never seen a man this hot. He had a drool worthy muscular body.

The tattoos I'd seen before on his left arm ended near his shoulder. V line disappeared under the towel. His amazing toned torso had no tattoos but there were some scars I could make out. Surprisingly his left arm was the only part of his body that had tattoos. I thought he would have more of them.

His hair was wet from the shower and I could see the droplets of water shine in the sunlight as they fell on his shoulders and chest, and slide down his body.

Lord have mercy.

He placed his hands behind his back and stared at me with amusement. "Like what you see?" He asked me with raised eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes at him, annoyed at myself more than I was at him for gawking again like a fucking idiot.

We started at each other for a while. Then his gaze turned to something dark. Like yesterday or that night in the hallway and then he slowly started walking towards me.  Never did he once took his eyes away from mine.

He stood right in front of me and I had to lift my head all the way to the back to meet his gaze. So close.

So close that I could smell his amazing body wash and feel his minty breath mixed with whisky on my face. I had to suppress the urge to find out how it would taste.

Last night I made a move, showing him that I want the same thing as he does and he didn't do anything other than leave me fucking wet and feeling like a horny stupid idiot.

I'll not do that again. I swear I'll not be the one to start anything first. He planted this seed and now he'll have to work to get the fruit.

Slowly he raked his eyes down my body and brought his glass to his lips, taking a sip. After that he bent down, bringing his face close to mine.