14.

Evelyn Jones

I was walking towards the expensive looking car after my shift like I always did since past 6 days.

It's been 4 days since that little incident in the washroom.

The next day when Kayden came to pick me up from my apartment building, I half expected him to be nice like that day. But he was back to being a bastard.

I gave him a small smile as I walked towards him but he just looked at me blankly, glanced at my body, put his sunglasses back on and got inside the car.

When we were on our way I thanked him for helping me in the washroom. He looked at me with furrowed eyebrows but didn't said anything.

Later that night when he dropped me back at my apartment, I again gave him a smile and genuinely thanked him for the ride for the first time.

He looked at me with a glint of surprise in his eyes but then he just raised his eyebrows at me and said 'If you want my dick so bad you just have to ask, you know that right?' My smile vanished at his remark and I got out of the car without another glance at him.

The day after that he snapped at me for thanking him again for the ride. Told me to 'shut the fuck up' and 'I don't wanna listen to your bullishit.'

I understood that being nice to him wouldn't change anything. And the curiosity that I had for him died. I mean curiosity killed the cat at the end and I had no fucking desire to get myself in a pit of shit. He is trouble, that's for sure, and it's better for me to keep my distance from him.

He acted like nothing ever happened in that washroom. I don't give a fuck about it now anyways.

I didn't regard him in any way as I got inside the car this time and he didn't seem to mind.

He was wearing a black button up with few of it's top buttons open, sleeves rolled up to his elbows and jeans. Even in this simple outfit he looked incredibly sexy.

I was practically forcing myself to not turn my head and look at him. Why does he have to be so handsome? He gave me a once-over and started driving on the empty road.

I was looking out of the window when I heard his voice. "How old are you?"

"24." I said without turning to look at him because I knew if I did, I'd gawk at him. God, I hated being so out of place.

"How old are you?" I asked taking the opportunity to learn some basic information about him. He is older than me that's for sure but he didn't looked that old.

He didn't answer me. I knew he wouldn't. I didn't bother to repeat my question but I was surprised when he did answer after a few minutes.

"28." He said.

"What is your full name Lyn?" Didn't his friend gave him this information? Or was he just asking it again to annoy me? I was in no mood of playing introduction again but I have no choice.

"Evelyn Mariee Jones. Your friend already has all the information about me so you can learn it from him if you want." I said in a calm voice.

"I don't want to learn it from a second person when I've the person about whom I want information right in front of me." He said blankly and furrowed his eyebrows while looking at the rare-view mirror.

A car was speeding towards us. Kayden quickly rolled up the windows. Then the car dashed ours from behind with full force. I jerked forward in my seat but was saved by the seatbelt.

"Motherfucker." I heard Kayden whisper with a clenched jaw and tightened his hold on the steering wheel. Then he started driving like a mad man.

My eyes were wide and mouth was parted in fear, not knowing what was happening. Not a single sound coming out of my mouth due to the shock. And then I heard gunshots.