35.

SMUT AHEAD

//

Evelyn Jones

What is up with this man today?

As I'm sat in the passenger seat, I can't help but glance to my left every few minutes to make sure Kayden doesn't break his jaw by how hard he's clenching it and the steering wheel by how hard he has gripped it.

He's acting weird today. It began when my eyes caught him standing near his car as I was walking towards him after my date.

When we were bidding our goodyes, I could feel his eyes on us, making my skin tingle. When I started walking towards him, I caught his gaze jumping from the bouquet in my hands to my face and to the man behind me through his sunglasses.

And when I felt his hand press against the small of my back I couldn't help but freeze. I looked up at him in surprise and confusion but didn't say anything. His face was blank other than a small frown between his brows.

But the ground almost swept from under me when he opened the door of the car for me.

At that moment I was pretty sure that aliens have for taken over his body.

I know it was the bare-fucking-minimum. But that bare-fucking-minimum was coming from Kayden fucking Merikh.

He looks angry all the time and I observed that he just has a resting bitch face. But today was different. He looked unusually tense.

I looked down on my lap. I wasn't even able to keep these flowers in my apartment because of him rushing me into the car.

Well, even I forgot to mention about it after his strange gentleman behaviour.

I was still in the outfit I wear at the club. Thanks to the cleaning lady slipping in the hallway with a bucket of water while I was walking past her and drenching me with it.

I had no other option than to go back and change into my previous clothes.

I lifted the bouquet off my lap to cross my legs and the weird silence in the car got disturbed by the crunching of its wrap paper.

I looked to my left when I heard him mumble something like 'Fuck this' and the car started moving faster than before.

"Where are we going?" I asked when he started driving in another direction. I've got used to him driving fast but that didn't mean it didn't scare me.

He didn't answer and within a few minutes we were on a more secluded road. So secluded that it didn't even had street lights.

It wasn't a dirt road but there was almost nothing around us. It looks like this road is under construction. Some lights of the buildings that were now far away from us were visible.

He stopped the car and got out. I watched him as he made his way towards my side while rubbing his jaw. He opened the door and moved his two fingers in a gesture for me to come out.

I stepped out and placed the bouquet on the seat.

"Go stand near the hood of the car," he ordered in a voice that sounded like he was restraining himself from doing something.

His hand which wasn't holding the handle of the door was in a fist. I heard the door shut behind me as I made my way towards the hood of the car. The headlights of the car was the only source of light.

I turned around and found Kayden inches away from me. I stepped back in reflex and I felt the hood of the car press against my butt.

Goosebumps erupted where his hand slid up my thigh. I looked in his eyes which were burning with dark desire and he went on when I didn't show any signs of disapproval.