Sacrifices |||

The castle was filled with laughter and dishes colliding with utensils. The dining room was a place for allies to catch up over a hefty meal prepared. Error sat next to the head of the table with a simple glass of water. His magic would react poorly to any solid foods and he could just barely tolerate water, just managing to hold it down. It wasn't necessary but Nightmare insisted he at least dine with them, even if he just drinks the clear liquid. Error has been avoiding the gang since the 'Truce' Ink agreed to. In turn for not destroying, he was beaten and bruised, forced to listen to Fate's child to his pleasure. Fate has let him off as her child was happy with his new toy. He was considered an object by the both of them and only now had Ink decided he should be with his friends. How Ink said friends had Error paranoid as shit, but anything from the likes of Ink would have his bones rattling from the reminder of his last destructive spree.

It took years, centuries for Nightmare to even convince Error to step into the dead universe he considered his and even longer to just get him to agree to an alliance and eventual friendship.

The wine glass filled with water was shaking with fear as Error stared at it. The soul sinking feeling in his empty stomach had him hesitant for even a sip. Nightmare, despite not needing to eat, did indulge himself. He looked at the torn god in anticipation. "Are you not going to drink anything?" The sudden acknowledgement of Error's lack of action had everyone's eyes slowly drift to the ex destroyer as the conversations faded into silence. If Error's bones weren't shaking before they definitely were now. The staring got to him and his stomach felt worse, his mind was screaming at him to flee ̶t̶o̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶I̶n̶k̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶k̶n̶e̶w̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶ ̶. He felt Nightmare tried to calm him with his magic but it did little to actually comfort him. He swallowed down what could be blood or actual saliva and hesitantly picked up the wine glass and took a small sip. He kept it close to his chest and continued to look down into the liquid. To him, it looked like the glass was moving but that could've been his terrible vision. He took a few more sips, the stares continuing to bore into his skull. He made eye contact with Nightmare who was leaning on an arm to hold his head on the table. He slowly uncurled himself and let out a small cough. Nightmare's eyelight glowed in interest before he could stop a brigade of coughs that came from his mouth.

His throat felt sore and anything that went into his mouth--air, spit, blood-- only made it harder to breathe and burned his throat. He grabbed onto the table and coughed into the floor, cutlery resumed and conversations continued from where they left off and Error was left nearly kneeling on the floor in pain. A tentacle from Nightmare carried his face and body back into the seat while Error was now coughing up blood and specks of magic. This wasn't his usual reaction to drinking water, he's done it before. Any other reaction from drinking Ink's paints was him coughing sure, but they weren't edible. At least from what he's gathered he thinks it is. No one could just drink that stuff, no one besides Ink maybe.

"Calm down, you're overreacting. It's just thallium"

"tHA--? *COUGH*" He couldn't even get out a single word before he coughed out bouts of magic. His magic was trying to ingest this 'thallium' which was effectively killing it and had him spewing out magic onto the floor and back into that damned wine glass.

"Yes, thallium. It's in everyone's drink you'll be fine" And as if to rub salt in the wound, Nightmare took a sip out from his wine glass and everyone followed suit. They didn't have the outward reaction that Error did and Killer even pretended to choke and die which got a laugh from everyone at the table. Error took deep breaths and tried to breath normally without coughing out blood or magic. He resumed his seat at the table and kept his coughs to himself. Deciding not to indulge himself in his water which Nightmare didn't seem to mind. Maybe he was just overreacting. Everyone else was fine. No one was coughing out their guts or anything. He was fine.