Siblings

[ Time is an illusion ]

— — —

A 2 story house stood near the outside corner of the neighborhood it was located in, its blue outer walls shone in the sun's rays despite the trees that  covered it. The front yard was nicely cut and the darker shade colored shutters near the closed windows fitted the house. The inside was luscious and neat. Most of the furniture was white and clean showing no evil or bias towards anyone who lived there. Inside the house an open kitchen to the far left from the entrance with the living room being dead center. There were steps leading to a split walkway to the second floor. Well, more like the second floor had 2 rooms. But the first floor took up a lot of space, the living room extending to an open space further into the house leading to a back door and a small backyard and to another room. To the left were stairs that lead to the basement which was huge. As big as the house itself. A family lived there. A mother and her 2 sons, who were both greatly different. One preferred the childlike things like any child while the other was more reserved. They were best friends living under the same house. The more active one never left out their sibling in any activities, and the sibling followed.

Now their mother...

She was a true manipulator and had favorites.

The more outgoing child was her most adored. She showered him with love and affection all the time, she had the money so as long as she lived, she would give he world for her youngest.

Now the other...

Most would say she's being a bad person nonetheless parent. And she wouldn't deny it.

She hated that mistake more than anything. She did the bare minimum to keep that thing alive, and when her precious  wanted the thing to play with him, she would obliged. Her little one deserved the world.

Now they weren't born naturally, 74+3 was a known scientist, taking an interest in astronomy but the world of science swept her away. She had a hand in creating these small skeletons. The world was in a decline of newborns as wars raged around the globe, corruption and famine plagued countries as more stable countries sat in their air conditioned chairs watching the world crumble. World leaders were most to blame and they did nothing great for their country, too caught up in their own privileges.

The science team has been trying, for weeks, months even, to find some way to produce children as humanly as possible. They tried a multitude of tests before one scientist, a skeleton Monster, chose to use his own dust to make a living being. The first, being the disappointment, was the first successful one of the 2.

The team was filled with joy and took to immediately seeing if it could actually live as a normal being. Unfortunately a chemical accident happened, causing the small skeleton to be involved in an explosion making its bones a charred black color and some to be inverted or drastically different colors. Due to this, his bones were constantly shaking and his HP was heavily decreased but he was still taken care of. Another test by the same skeleton was tried and they got another skeleton out of it. He was very different from the first. Possibly due to the increased HP and not having not been involved in any accidents. But his creation was also inaccurate to a normal skeleton, not even a Monster, body.

He lacked a SOUL.

His bones were in peak condition once taken out of the tube where he grew, but once he exited the vessel his SOUL began to break. They tried to fix it or pull the cracked pieces together, getting him back in the tube and filling it with healing magic, anything! But it was futile as once the alarm sounded and the healing substance was integrated into liquid, the SOUL broke and dusted away. The lab stood in silence after the quiet yet loudest sounding echoed through the minds of all the scientists.