Grieving

A simple night in Outertale quickly turned to an all out fight that would end badly.

Nightmare had invited his closest to a night under the stars in celebration for a certain Destroyer's birthday. It wasn't really his date of birth, they didn't know when he was born or created, but it was a nice pun to have his birthday on the fourth of April. It was also a wondrous day that was overshadowed and underappreciated by the birthday boy himself but the vigilantes of the multiverse had made it special to the tired grandpa, because he was so old, millennials kind of old. A simple invitation to Outertale turned to a small birthday party with the gang and Blue, their agent in the light, having a small picnic with treats mostly centered around chocolate as it's something Error could even manage to keep down. Blue of course, supplied other appetizers along with his signature tacos so no one's magic was completely filled with sugar. His cake was one of chocolatey goodness and after a traditional song and presents, all of which were thoughtful and had him smiling, each got a cup and took a scoop of cake. It was a day to remember, just as the previous years had been.

Near the end of the event, with their stomachs full or satisfied, a portal opened more inland which alerted none of the partygoers. A handful of uninvited guests exited the portal and softly made their way to the celebration. Small bundles made of blue string were being formed into small bodies as a thank you gift from Error to Nightmare, Killer, Cross, Horror, Dust, and Blue. he didn't have to give gifts to others when it was his day but he felt the need to give back to them. After all this time, after all he's been through, they continue to stay by his side and could never ask for anything more. He had friends he could trust, who have gained his trust and have allowed him in their lives, he was forever indebted to them, even if they insisted this was how friends treat each other.

The group neared the picnic goers who were completely oblivious to their surroundings and what was to happen. Their fair celebration of years of destruction and terror was going to be cut short. A signal was given by the head of the group and they jumped out of the hidden bushes to the closest target, coincidentally they had a target like soul.

Killer's intuition and the sudden bloodlust from Ink attracted the attention of Nightmare and the teary eyed murderer and they were barely able to prevent the ambush. Killer's jacket was nicked before he could escape, jumping right through the picnic interrupting the others. More ambushers came from the forest line catching them off guard. Blue went to hide so as to not reveal his double life but he was followed and also attacked as if he's killed before. He hasn't but it seems as if it was too late to take back anything. The gang was quickly outnumbered with how many adversaries there were and the sudden ambush but they held their own. Nightmare was busy so he couldn't create an exit and Cross had to switch his magic in order to make a portal, so he too couldn't create an escape. As they fought a cry was heard splitting the gang's attention...

To Dust. Bones went through his skull and his jacket showed to be losing its form. He was dusting...

A strangled cry came from one of the gang and sockets widened in despair and realization. The attackers spared no time for them to grieve and continued their attacks. Horror was next to go, his wide and bright eye was stabbed through and a pair of blasters came from behind to finish off the starved monster. Enclosing their jaw around the monster and dusting him in seconds.

Dust jacket laid on the ruined floor of Outertale and Horror's was blaster away with another attack directed at another vigilante. Killer continued to dodge the multiple attackers, using his physical weapon to the best of his ability. Having his magic depleted due to his universe's route wasn't useful but he recovers the lost magic with his increase in stamina and attacks closely related to that of the Human's. He does have to attack physically or risk losing some of his artillery with moving targets. Cross kept his ground, being a royal guard helped greatly but he did lack the LV count that most of his teammates had. His giant knife is useful in one to ones but is slow to attack yet covers a wide range. His dual blades are more favorable but require closer combat. They also aren't the base to his portal hopping ability, he'd have to switch to his much larger blade to make an escape but couldn't risk that at the moment, his health would surely deplete in seconds if he took such risk.