We would slowly fall into the dark

(Not proof read or corrected but enjoy x)

Bliss. That's what freedom felt like. I started each day with the sun upon my face, the open breeze fluttering around me. Each day I woke up happy in my solitude, no external stress, no waiting for anyone to come home. It was bliss.

It had been 6 days since my return, it was almost time for lando to receive his letter. His goodbye. Max had texted me once, giving me an update on him. Telling me how lost and broken he looked. How lando never left his room and how he hadn't seen Charles at all since that night. 

I knew by now that Charles had been to Italy to sign our divorce papers. Fred told me that he would be arriving not long after me, but it wasn't until yesterday that my heart knew that it was officially over.

I felt the strings of his heart ache and break. Yearning for redemption or solution. Almost as if our souls were still attached, feeling every emotion of one another. I could feel his he hesitated, his heart telling him no whilst his head led him astray.

I hadn't checked any social media, hoping to avoid the storm that is heading my way. Mine and Charles face would be everywhere, the instagram gossip pages, twitter even TikTok. You couldn't hide in this modern age, everyone knows your business if you're someone or know somebody who's someone.

For the first time I clicked on to the instagram app, my notifications flooding my screen. Thousands of likes and comments from thousands of strangers. Some thanking me for final putting Charles back on the market and some sending me their condolences as if he was dead to me.

I knew by now that either he or Ferrari had made a post. I began searching for his name and nothing appeared...he had blocked me. He was really that childish to block me. As I continued looking hoping that he didn't, I stumbled upon new photos of him, and he wasn't alone. He was with her. The girl who destroyed us. Alex.

In the photos you could see that he was unhappy, the look he had when me and him first got together. I knew that face all to well. However Alex looked over the moon, her smile contradicting the situation at hand. Her eyes full of lust not love for the man she is leaching on to. He moved on fast...

I made my statement. To my 'fans' really they were all his, but they felt obliged by I follow me to get any insight into his life. They were like lions waiting for their prey to become weak and this was their moment to pounce.

I didn't close the app straight away, responses coming in almost immediately after my post. I had been radio silent for a while now, the friends I do have on here must've been worried. As I opened my messages I seen endless texts from fans, all surprisingly on my side of the divorce.

I had felt like I had won a custody battle of our children and somehow I won. I had endless girls telling me how stupid he was and how he made a mistake letting me go. If only they knew the whole truth. One day when I was strong enough I owed it to them too. To all the little girls who believed in the fairy tales because of my story. I needed to show them them that knight in shinning armour might sometimes be in the shape of a frog, that the monsters are real and that they are always unfortunately around us.

I could see that kika, and all the girls had messaged me, Carla, Lily everyone. I was surprised to see that I had a message from Pierre and Arthur too, even more so from Charles. I'm guessing that when he blocked he had one final thing to say.

I lingered over all of their messages, too afraid to open them. That if I did they'd think I'm abandoning them too. I wanted nothing more than to call them, to let them know I'm ok, that I'm just five minutes away but I couldn't. Before they were mine they were his... I couldn't put his friends in those positions.