Is that what I'm worth?

Those green eyes.

They stared right back into mine.

My eyes were full of hope, fear and confusion. His slowly turned dark, filling with guilt, anger and hate. His stare alone made me feel vulnerable, his emotions projected heavily in those once beautiful eyes. Im scared. I fear his reaction. Thankfully he didn't recognise me, or even better he did and refused to acknowledge our meeting those months ago.

My mother pushes me forward towards his direction. "Charles" I let out in a short breathe, nearly choking on pronouncing his name in fear of his reaction to it.

I know from the plane journey over here that Charles race yesterday, was something that no one had expected especially Charles, from winning it the year prior to not even being able to finish it this time around.

"Charles." I plead out again loud enough for him to hear me this time. After my previous attempt earned a me a hit in my back from my mother. His trance that he was in finally broken, his eyes departed from mine, finally hearing my voice. A wave of betrayal washed over his face.

"You, You fucking planned this didn't you. You thought i'd be an easy target just because I helped you a few months ago. You fucking bitch" Charles screamed at me. Grabbing each of my arms his hands tensing around them the more angry he gets.

My mothers eyes burn into the back of my head. I could feel her anger radiate from where she was stood. My gaze was fixed on Charles however trying to plead to him silently that I didn't want this. His face softened and his hold on me did too. I think the fear and pain in my face slowly made him realise that I was forced here too. The fear and pain he seen those months ago when I looked lost and fell straight into his arms. This time however he did not catch me. He dropped his hold on me allowing me to fall the cold concrete floor before heading inside.

Once I had regained my composure and finally made it into the Ferrari headquarters , my mother dragged me into an empty meeting to room in which she began to aggressively question, my knowledge on Charles. Asking if I had ever seen him before. I told her I hadn't begging her to believe me, pleading with her to see sense that she knows where I am at all times so it wouldn't have been possible for me to have ever met him before. Thankfully by playing on her controlling behaviour she believed me as her narcissism got the better of her and she refused to believe I could ever get away with a scheme like that. To my surprise when we had left the room Charles was stood there, having heard everything.

"My apologies Ms Wolfe, I had your daughter confused with someone else. Now having time to calm down I realise it was not her. " Charles said deceivingly to my mother shaking her hand to introduce himself. "Im Charles, I drive for Ferrari it's a pleasure to meet you and your daughter." He says with his teeth gritted. Earning a fake smile from my mother. She didn't care about him she just cared about the pay check.

He approached me, as I took a step back from his movement. His dark eyes now easing to show the vibrant green in which I knew. He's scanned my face and body again and see that I was scared. Scared to death of his or my mothers next move. " Im sorry for my reactionary it was impolite and rude of me. Im Charles, Im guessing you're Mila." he says with a sorry and sympathetic look growing on his face. I step forward offering my hand. "It's nice to meet you Charles." I say as he takes my hand before placing a kiss on my knuckles. Truthfully I was hoping for a handshake, but as soon as his lips trace my skin my body eases releasing and pent up tension which we had just created.

He guided me and mother into the room in which the meeting of our agreement was being held. To mine and Charles surprise neither of us wanted this marriage. It was a ruse created by my mother and Fred Vasseur to take the spotlight off of Ferrari's awful performance and car. As fans have began to notice the frustrations of the drivers. So they've taken Ferraris Golden Boy and a picture perfect girl, to shift any current negative focus. If only they knew who I truly was. I was made to sign a non-disclosure agreement on behalf of my mothers lawyers restricting me from mentioning anything to do with my father, my surname or my true identity. My only hope is that Charles, my father or any of the boys I use to race against, can remember me enough to put all the pieces back together. The only way i'll truly ever be free again.