I promise that you'll never be lonely - Lando POV

Lando's POV

We've been on the road for 15 minutes now, only 15 left of out journey to go and pick up Charles.

Mila hasn't said a word, her mind and body completely separated from one another. Her soul flying over the planes of the earth. Her body just a shell of my best friend. Her detachment is understandable but it hurts seeing her like this. After she let it all, her mind went far away again. The pain just too much for her, her fear of losing him still consuming her.

I wish I could do more for her, I just know the only person who will bring her back to earth is Charles. He really is the love of her life, you'd be a fool not to see it, whilst she may love me in her own way, nothing will ever compete with the undying love she holds for the monegasque.

I really hope he doesn't mind me being here, if Alex tells him I will not only lose my soulmate I will also lose one of my best friends. Even though what we did wasn't wrong.

I was just loving what he didn't.

He won't see it that way. I was her Peter Pan, I think I always will be . Whilst me and Mila might not be destined in the eyes of Eros, we are in this fairy tale, even just platonically we in some ways complete each other.

I tried to think back to that night, the one we shared together. When her soul and body was so broken she went back to the old Mila, just for a moment. That song that she was singing, that night in Australia... Maybe if I sing, she will sing too and let some of her emotions out.

" taking a drive, I was  an ideal,

Looked so alive, turns out i'm not real

just something you paid for

What was I made for?.."

I stop singing hoping for her to carry on the words, as the words left my mouth I seen her head turn towards me and then back to the window. I found a piece of her finally.

"Please continue you Lan" I hear her say, her voice soft as if not trying to break.

"Will you help me I don't know the next lines?" I say in hope she'll come back.

"Cause I, I

I don't know how to feel

but I wanna try

I don't know how to feel

but someday I might

someday I might,

..." Milas sang, her angelic voice sounding as beautiful as ever masking her pain like normal.

"When did it end? All the enjoyment

Im sad again, don't tell my

boyfriend

its not what he's made for..." We sang together before she abruptly stops after singing the last line, I think I know why. Just as in the lyrics she's going to ask me to not mention anything to him. Truthfully I won't have too, he will see it instantly.

At first he will blame himself, he think the reason she's sad is because he left with Alex, he's going to feel beyond guilty and do everything he can do to be with her and to make it up with her.

The opposite of what she's going to do to him.

Even though we spoke about it earlier, I know she's going to do everything in her power to push him away. She's already decided, she's already accepted defeat against Alex. All my words earlier were merely a facade to her, a moment of relief.

The moment she sat in the car and separated her mind once again, she revealed the truth to me, all her hope was gone. I don't even think Charles can save her this time, because the more he tries, the further she will go away from her body... she will keep floating until she can't find her way home... she'll be gone forever. She will kill her mind before someone takes her away again.