Qualifying

Lando POV

The sound of my alarm rings, waking me up immediately. My arms are wrapped around someones waist. This isn't my room. Sudden panic hits me making me look around. As I begin to understand my surroundings I see her. Mila. She was surprisingly still sleeping. She looked so peaceful. I grabbed my phone and turned off the alarm in hope of not waking her. I sat for a moment admiring her. Her her fell beautiful over her freckled face. Her body just inches away. Lando stop. I think to myself. She has a husband

How did I even fall asleep here? Did she know I stayed over? Endless thoughts flooded my mind. I should leave before she wakes up. I don't want her to think anything has happened between us. I know she wouldn't do that to Charles. Her reaction alone yesterday shown she had great care for my friend.

I begin to shift my arm from under her body. A cold feeling taking over my body as I'm moving away from her warmth. Her eyes flutter open at my movement. A soft "Hey" leaving her lips. She knew I stayed. "Good morning." I replied still looking at the girl before me. "Sleep well?" She asked as if our sleepover was a casual thing.

"Erm... yeah yeah, I slept like a baby" I choke on my words, surprised that she was ok with me being here. Truthfully it had been the best I had slept in a long time, was that because of her ? I thought . "Sorry" is all I manage to say after. A light laugh escapes her lips. "It's fine Lando, no need to be sorry. We had both must have fell asleep after eating all that food, I woke up in the middle of the night and didn't want to disturb you." She says honestly.

I could tell by her eyes that she too had slept well. Her face well rested and glowing as the morning sun begins to break through the curtains.

"Were you trying to sneak out?" She says once again laughing at me. "No... well yes. I didn't want you to assume that anything happened." I say now panicking at the thought. What if Charles had walked in and seen. I definitely would've woken up in a much worse state.

"Lando, I promise it's ok. We're just two friends who fell sleep, nothing more to it. " she says. Is she trying to convince me or herself ? "Charles never came back anyway, I'm glad I had company" she finished a sad smile now on her face, any brightness it held slowly fading.

"He probably was just angry and got another room. I doubt he would've stayed with her." I say trying to reassure the broken girl in front of me.

"Let's hope" are her final words a short smile quickly reappearing on her face before we are interrupted by a knock on her door. "I should go I say" I say earning a nod from the girl.

As she opens the door to let me out, Charles was stood waiting behind the door a bouquet of peonies in his hands. "I'm sorry for my behaviour yesterday. You deserved better." He says to the girl before locking eyes with me. "Lando?" He says confused. "He was just checking up on me making sure I felt better before heading out for the day." Mila says to my defence. "Thank you again, Lando" she says hugging me as goodbye placing a kiss on each of my cheeks as I as I begin to part from the married couple. Watching as Charles enters her room.

Charles POV

"I've really messed up, Alex... we were suppose to convince her of our 'friendship' but now she just thinks the rumours are true." I say to the brunette in my arms. "Cha, but we are friends, we're just also something more. I bet if you go and apologise with her favourite flowers. She'll forgive you and give you time to explain." Alex reply's, giving me the best idea.

It was really early, earlier than I had to be awake for. We set an alarm giving Alex enough time to leave without being caught. Alex she left my room I ordered a bunch of peonies to be delivered to my door immediately. They were favourite flowers. I learnt through her file, that if her dreams of ever working in motorsport failed, She'd become a florist and grow her own flowers. Their beauty brought her so much happiness. I really did care about her. I just didn't love her.

What was I made for ?..जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें