Chapter 41 - Diversion

Start bij het begin

      Several of the bikers became frustrated due to how complex the vehicles were. They weren't like anything a citizen could obtain. The parts, engine, controls, even the wheels themselves were all military grade. Way more advanced than what they've seen.

       Stripping the trucks was proving to be hard.

       Most of the bikers began to leave due to this. Probably to go chug more beers which was more interesting to them than this. Rockman looked relieved that they were leaving but one stayed behind to examine the trucks further.

       Rockman sighed and walked over to one of the wheels propped up on a table. He wished the Red Dogs could've been avoided altogether. Nothing good has come since the attack on the station. Not to mention how worried he was for (Y/N). He wanted to go out there and find her but the fiends nearby would tear him to shreds.

       But maybe he didn't have to look.

       A quick thud hit something as the biker who stayed behind grunted and toppled to the ground.

       Rockman quickly turned around and was shocked at the sight of the biker unconscious on the ground while (Y/N) stood over him with a monkey wrench in her hands.

       She was shaking from actually knocking someone out but she quickly dropped the wrench and ran to the old hippie's arms. "Are you ok?! They didn't hurt you?"

"I should be asking you that!" He happily embraced her despite his surprise. Where did she even come from? "What happened? Where were you?"

"It's a lot to explain but we have to be quick." She proceeded to explain the whole plan to him and why she ran out to begin with. As expected, he was against it at first. It wasn't necessarily the herd that scared him and more so that she was risking herself to bring the herd. She had to explain to him that fiends believed she was one of them due to her infection. Which only made getting the others out of there that much more risky.

       Rockman was speechless, especially as she explained his and Kelly's parts of the plan. They needed to have the trucks ready to go if they were going to make it out.

       He looked at the wheelless vehicles. "I wish you would've told me this before they made me take the wheels off."

"Can you have them back on in time?" She asked or else the plan was doomed.

"Yeah, luckily the wheels are the easiest parts of these things. Me and Kelly will have them back in." He nodded with his hands on his hips. To say he was nervous was an understatement. "You be careful doing this. I don't care how protected you are against those things, I can't watch you get hurt again..."

"I won't. I promise." She reassured both him and herself. "Tell Kelly everything when he gets back. I'll see you soon."

       Rockman sighed and gave her a small kiss on the cheek before patting her shoulder. "Oscar would yell at me for letting you do this."

       She couldn't help her small smile and turned to hurry off with the bag of food in hand while Rockman took care of the biker she knocked out.

       When it comes to how exactly she was to attract this herd, she wasn't sure. After hiding the food bag somewhere they could find after all of this, (Y/N) focused her attention on the fiends outside of the manor. The neighborhood was beginning to be crawling with the ones that poured in from the city. They were on lawns, in the streets, inside of homes. Who would've thought this once beautiful suburb would become infested like this?

"Ok um..." She whispered and went to stand in the middle of the street. She stretched her arms out and clapped her hands to be as loud as possible. "HEY! EVERYONE!"