Chapter 16 - Surrounded

Slight Gore Warning ⚠️
———————————————————————————

      (Y/N) gazed down at the portable radio in her hands that Drake had given to her.

      She had completely forgotten about it back at the hospital during the fiends breaking in.

      They were back on the road as they followed the map toward Browford. The thought of going back to that town didn't make (Y/N) feel easy. She assumes that the radio station can help the team but at the same time, she knows going back to that place will be tough on her.

      At least the radio in her hands helped ease her worry.

      She and Dell both shared seats next to each other as (Y/N) rested against Dell's arm as her friend slept. There hasn't been much to do inside of these trucks while the soldiers did all the heavy work. Really the nurses' only job was to help anyone who got injured which hasn't happened yet since leaving the hospital.

      Until now that is.

"AUGHHHHH!!!"

      Both nurses jumped up as they heard a scream in the distance. Others must've heard it too as the truck gradually came to a stop.

      Drake, who sat across from (Y/N), quickly got up and so did Cheng. Wes had been counting the bolts in the ceiling when he sat up as well with wide eyes.

      The screaming continued until whoever it was became gargled and soon silenced. But also the sound of a car alarm began going off.

       Drake moved to the back doors of the truck and grabbed onto the handles. "Cheng, radio the Captain for a status."

"On it." She nodded and went to grab her walkie.

      (Y/N) sat up fully as she started to hear scratching against the sides of the truck and as Drake went to open the doors, the nurse spotted a bloody hand grab onto the door. "WAIT NO-"

      Drake saw the hand almost immediately and pulled the doors back shut as several fists began to pound against the door. "SHIT-"

"Are those fiends?!" Wes exclaimed as he pulled himself up and he saw the fists slamming into the windows.

      Drake quickly locked the door and aimed his gun up as a few other soldiers inside the truck did the same. (Y/N) and Dell immediately helped Wes get behind them all as the bangs filled all sides of the truck. Dell's breathing began to hasten from the intensity of the situation.

"Do not leave the trucks! I repeat! Do not leave the trucks!" Rose ordered through Cheng's walkie.

"Do you know where they're coming from?" Cheng asked. "It sounds like too many outside."

"From the trees where those screams came from. Looks like something large crashed recently." Rose spoke, having a better view of the situation in the first truck than the second one did.

     From the only windows they had, Drake carefully moved closer to the back door and peered out to see the snarling and aggressive fiends who were desperate to get inside. They clawed at the truck's exterior and left bloody scratches against the metal and glass. Drake grimaced at the sight.

"I'll figure something out. Just keep those doors shut!" Rose ordered and Cheng's walkie soon cut out.

"Don't have to tell me twice..." Drake muttered to himself as he watched the doors shake but otherwise didn't budge.