Chapter 6 - Orders

She couldn't believe this...

    How could a drug do this type of harm? Turn regular people into raging monsters and even keep her from getting killed by a bullet to the head.

     (Y/N)'s breath was shaky as she patched up the wounds of the survivors the Satellite people were able to save. She couldn't just rest while others were in pain. It went against every code she agreed to.

     Unfortunately, none of them were her friends. She hasn't seen Dell or Remy since everything to shit.

      Wes was around of course, helping the survivors as well but every few seconds he would glance at her as if she was going to pop at any moment. With her being an unexpectedly successful case, his mind was filled with questions. Why didn't she turn? Why did the drug work for her and not the many others it infected?

      As (Y/N) placed her gloves away, having finished helping the last survivor and allowing them to rest, she turned to throw the gloves away when her (e/c) eyes glanced up to meet Drake's.

      He was across the lab room leaning against a wall next to a table where medical supplies were gathered. He had his arms crossed and watched her closely with a glare.

      Just like Wes, he was expecting her to pop.

      She narrowed her eyes at him and turned away to head back to her table. The aspirin was able to take the pain away from her head but it left her head feeling a little numb at the same time.

"Excuse me..?"

      She turned to her left to see the scientist hesitantly approaching, Wes had a nervous grin that he was trying to keep up. "Do you mind if I take a sample of your blood?"

"What?" (Y/N) took a few steps back. Why would she give her blood to people like them? "I do mind. No!"

"But it could us understand your case!" Wes quickly spoke as he followed her back to her table. "The TAP drug had to have been contaminated by something before it was distributed. If I can understand why you didn't turn into a fiend, then maybe we can stop this."

       She crossed her arms and stopped to glare at him. "You shouldn't have created that drug in the first place."

"I know..." Wes sighed, despite wanting the drug to succeed he was regretful of the outcome it led to. "All I need is one sample. Then I'll leave you alone."

       (Y/N) didn't trust these people. One of them tried to kill her for crying out loud! But if they were actually trying to fix things and she was an answer to them, she didn't feel right just saying no. So hesitantly, she nodded. "Just one sample. That's it."

"Great!" Wes smiled in relief and let her follow him over to where his equipment was. Some of the tools had been taken from the hospital.

       She stood next to the table with stuff and watched him grab a fresh syringe from a supply box from the hospital. Luckily with her knowledge from being a nurse, she can tell if he tries anything suspicious.

      But there was a burning feeling of eyes still on her and she didn't want to look up to her shooter still watching her.

      Her eyes furrowed and she leaned her side against the table. "What's his problem?"

"Who?" Wes looked up at her as he finished prepping the syringe. She nodded toward Drake and Wes could tell that his friend wasn't so trusting at the moment. "Oh, him. He's cool."

"He shot me." She exclaimed. What was so cool about that?

"Well he didn't know you weren't infected. We were ordered to take out any fiends and those at risk of becoming ones."