39 - I am God

Disclaimer: This chapter is very gruesome and describes a murder in detail. Please don't read if you feel uncomfortable with it. You can read mid chapter, after the line, to keep up with the plot. Thank you! ❤️

Kirill was both looking forward to getting the job done and dreading it. He would have to spend one week in solitary confinement after and he wasn't sure how he would survive being alone with his thoughts for that long.

He thought of Mia constantly and was tortured thinking of her with Danila. His dreams consisted of Mia turning away from him or falling down from a building. Every night, he saw her reject him or die, and every day, he thought about how she was living.

He had no way to know if she had read his last text. He sent it right before he went inside the visitation room but what if she didn't take it seriously? Worse, what if Danila somehow intercepted it? He didn't put it past him.

Friday morning came about and Kirill arrived at breakfast like usual and so did the man who was about to meet his death. After what happened the day before, the man kept absolutely quiet and to himself. But Kirill knew what to do.

Kirill piped up right away as soon as everyone sat down,

"Ne shalish? (Not being mischievous?)" Kirill spoke with dangerous humour as he smiled at the man. "What's your name?" Kirill asked but couldn't fully care.

The man said nothing but his companion nudged him and he quietly said, "Viktor."

"Ah, Vitya, don't be scared, Vitya, I only take out those who deserve it." Kirill broke out in a laughter that could make anyone's blood turn to ice. "Tell us, Vitya, are you mentally ill or just a pervert?" Kirill leaned on his knee and stared right at Viktor. "Well? We're all curious to hear." And Kirill motioned at the men at the two tables who were curiously watching the scene unfold.

"I don't know." Viktor responded quietly.

"You don't know? Hmm...I guess you still have some soul searching to do. I know who I am, Vitya. I'm a killer." He looked at Viktor with humour and Viktor's expression changed to fear.

"I don't know who you are but, I just want to keep to myself." Viktor responded respectfully.

"Ohh do you?! Well, shit, bitch, I bet the girls did too, didn't they? How old were they?" Kirill's last question was said with no humour or smile. Viktor remained quiet as his eyes stayed on the table. The men around now watched the exchange instead of eating their breakfast.

"Well, suka, tell us. How old were the girls?" Kirill pressed again as he slowly moved closer to Viktor. Kirill was getting enraged at the thought of what Viktor did. He would take his life, and justice would be served but nothing would ever bring those two innocent lives back. He would make it hurt for Viktor.

"If you make me repeat myself again, I'm going to cut your tongue out and feed it to you. You have ten seconds." Kirill spoke under his breath and he clenched his jaw.

"Tw-twelve. And fourteen." Viktor finally managed to get out and Kirill shook his head at his words. He wasn't sure why he was even asking, this information just made everything worse.

Not thinking any further, he clenched his big fist and took a massive swing, punching Viktor under the chin. The hit was so strong that Viktor fell out of the bench and flew back, hitting his entire body on the cement floor. Kirill didn't even feel anything on his knuckles.

Pure rage and wrath overtook Kirill's body as he saw Viktor lying on the floor, clenching at his face. Without hesitation, Kirill kneeled over him and picked him up by his collar, Viktor's feet unable to steady his body. Kirill threw him onto a table while inmates began to scatter away.