29 - Mia's Performance 🌶️

Mia nodded while drinking her wine. She noticed she was becoming more tipsy by the minute, how strong was this wine? She hated to admit that she was enjoying this moment with him. But suddenly Danila turned serious and asked,

"How many times have you gone to see Kirill?" The smile fell off Mia's face instantly and she shook her head.

"Four." She answered honestly and confidently. Danila almost gasped at that number as he had no idea she had seen him so many times.

"Why do you keep going to see him?"

"Because he's my husband, Danila! I don't understand why you don't understand that!" She responded exasperated.

"No, no, I understand that part. I don't understand why you keep going to see him. You have a chance to move on. He is never getting out, Mia. Don't you understand that? There is no way to escape, and no one will ever grant him an exit. He is there for life. Are you going to sit around and wait for him and watch your life pass you by? Until you both die of old age?" Danila sat up and spoke in a forceful manner. Mia sat on the couch with her eyebrows furrowed.

"I don't know what to tell you, Danila." She responded angrily and placed her wine glass on the coffee table and looked at him defiantly. "What would you like me to do? Stop loving him? Stop feeling anything for him? Cut him out of my life? No! I married him! He is mine! And I am his! And nothing will change that! Not this weird marriage that we are apparently going to participate in! Not what I feel for you!" Mia spoke the last sentence and instantaneously knew it was a mistake.

"What do you feel for me?" Danila asked right away as if prepared for it.

"Oh my God...what is my life." Mia whined as she fell back on the couch clutching at her head. Danila watched her struggle and gave her a minute to collect her thoughts. When she didn't respond he asked again,

"What do you feel for me, Mia?"

She slowly sat up and got up off the couch. She wanted to just run away from everything.

"I feel...I feel...what I know I shouldn't feel...if I'm married." She spoke evenly while standing in the middle of the room and looking back at him. She hoped that was enough and he wasn't going to ask anything else.

He didn't because that was indeed enough for him for now. He knew he was making progress and having her admit that meant the world to him in the moment. She didn't just want him physically, she wanted him for who he was.

"I won't bite you, you can sit down." He said jokingly and she hesitated but did just that. "May I ask another question?" He asked lightly and she nodded as if defeated. "Why do you like to tease me?" He smirked and she looked up at him surprised that he moved on from the previous topic.

"I don't...I don't tease you." She responded trying to keep a straight face.

"Who was that Barbie outfit really for?"

"You." Mia blushed while admitting it.

"Mm. And what were you planning to wear to the club if Vladislav didn't pick that outfit for you?" He asked faking being serious.

"Exactly that. Just not with stockings." She confessed and looked at her hands.

He watched her reveal to him what he already knew. "And why do you play with your words? Why do you tell me what you want but hide away, as if denying you want all those things?" He whispered. "What are you doing, Mia?" He leaned into her ear but she didn't move.

"I don't know. I'm so lost." She spoke quietly with her eyes closed.

"So tell me...tell me what you really want, Mia... I'm here so you don't feel lost." He said barely audibly, touching her cheek and she flinched.