2 - Dirty Talk 🌶️

Mia startled Danila as she forcefully opened the car door. She quickly sat down but smiled a big smile at him, pretending that nothing was wrong.

She asked if they could stop by the Russian church, making up a lie about wanting to light a candle for her mom.

Danila asked no questions and took her where she wanted to go while Mia sat silently in concentration. She had no idea what this really meant for her or who Vladislav was or what would happen.

Was his plan to kidnap her and force her to do what? Become a criminal mastermind? What nonsense! She didn't belong in that world, she was an American girl, she lived and belonged here, he would know that she would be a liability.
But as that thought crossed her mind, she knew that wasn't entirely true anymore.

She was a killer. And she was a criminal mastermind. And she was married to a very dangerous man, she ruled him, she tamed him.

She was a force to be reconned with.

She felt that feeling of fear and excitement bubble up inside her again but this time, it didn't give her a high. She felt dread and exhaustion.

At church, Mia, inquired with the priest about how to retrieve an old baptismal certificate. It's not that she didn't trust her dad, she just wanted to double check her mom's middle name. Maybe there was a chance he was mistaken?

Exhausted, she climbed into bed that night as Kirill was reading a book and looked up at his furrowed eyebrows and his facial features. His tattooed body was a stark contrast to their white bed sheets.

She loved everything about him. His beautiful eyes of course, but it was him, behind the eyes who stole her heart. She loved his plump pink lips, but it was what he said that made her melt. She closed her eyes as she breathed beside him but suddenly was jolted awake by an intrusive thought,

"Is the door locked?" She asked alarmed while looking at their bedroom door.

Kirill slowly tore his eyes away from his book and looked toward her.

"Yes...are you afraid someone is going to come in?" He asked her in a joking manner and Mia faked a small chuckle.

"No...I just. I don't know why I thought of that." She lied as she spoke gently.

His large and muscular body leaned over to her on the pillow and he tenderly kissed her cheek as she closed her eyes from his touch. He stayed close to her face watching her heavenly facial features only partially illuminated.

"But even if the door was unlocked...no one would be able to steal you away from me." He whispered in her ear but at his words she flinched and snapped her eyes open.

Kirill didn't miss it and knew right away that something was on her mind. He was joking but it clearly hit a nerve. He leaned back on his elbow and asked concerned,

"What's wrong, sunshine?"

Mia didn't move as she wasn't even sure what to tell him. She hadn't fully processed the news herself yet.

"Nothing! Nothing! I'm just so tired, I can't think straight." She faked a smile and closed her eyes again but heard that he was not moving. She peeked her eye open and saw him still looking at her expectantly.

Kirill saw a change in her after she came back from her dad's and remarked that the reason she gave him for such a sudden visit to her dad's seemed silly. He shot straight for the bull's eye.

"Are you going to tell me what your dad wanted to see you about or do you still want to wait to talk about it?" He asked her and she sat up looking surprised.