25 - Rohypnol

Chapter song: Barbie Girl (Tiësto Remix) - Aqua, Tiësto

Danila watched Mia disappear with Emily and smiled that she was having a good time. He turned back to see the girls chatting up the men, except Rick, who was standing and watching Mia just as Danila.

Danila gave the table a once over but then looked back again and saw Mia's drink between the shot glasses. That's strange, she had a drink in her hand when she left to go with Emily, where did she get that one and why was the drink he gave her earlier, sitting on the table?

He stared at the alcohol and glasses on the table as he was hurriedly trying to figure out why this made no sense to him.

Barbie Girl remix blasted in the club and as Danila heard the words he looked up at Rick, who wasn't even hiding his persistent stare at Mia.

He remembered Mia dressed as a Barbie and their lunch and the conversation came rushing back to him. He quickly counted the men who came with Rick - two were missing. Losing no time, he pushed through the crowd and Emily saw him coming while Mia danced with her eyes closed.

"Where did you get this drink?!" Danila's voice boomed behind Mia as he grabbed her arm and woke her up from her dance.

He saw her eyes were drunk and she looked half awake.

"What?! You game me it!" She half yelled half slurred. He turned his head to look at Rick but he was gone. Instant understanding overwhelmed Danila and he began pushing Mia toward the bathroom while she tried to protest.

"What! What are you doing?!" She yelled over the music.

Danila almost ran with her to the bathroom and pushed her over the sink as she struggled to understand his actions.

"Quickly, Mia! You have to throw up, stick two fingers downs your throat!" He spoke loudly as he tried to collect her hair but she straightened out and looked confused.

"What are you doing, Danila?" He could see she was closing her eyes and barely holding herself up as she asked weakly. She looked incredibly drunk.

He grabbed her neck and bent her over the sink, forcing his two fingers down her throat. She struggled and coughed but Danila pushed his fingers further in and she felt the contents of her stomach come up and spill out onto his hand and the sink.

Danila didn't let her go and pressed on the back of her tongue again as she heaved and vomited everything that she had inside her. He turned the sink on and helped her wash her mouth and face and held her hair back but at this moment, he saw Rick walk in with the two missing men.

Quickly stepping in front of her, Danila withdrew his gun and all three of them withdrew theirs.

"A girl good enough to die for, Daniel." Rick said as a small smile appeared on his face but he lowered his gun and walked over to stand closer to Danila. "I don't want anyone to die. You can't dig a grave when the ground is so frozen. So just let her come with me, and I'll make sure that we come visit you in Moscow next month."

Danila listened but never lowered his gun, pointing it to one of the men behind Rick. He held Mia behind him with his other arm; there was no chance he was going to put her in harm's way.

"I don't know how it works in China, but here, we don't share our women." Danila responded evenly. Mia stood behind them and watched in the mirror what was happening in front of Danila.

Rick laughed and took another step toward Danila but his gun was still pointing down. "No sharing. Taking. There are so many good looking girls in Russia, you can pick any other one for yourself." Rick spoke with humour but Danila didn't smile.