20 - Stay With Me

I'm leaving his house tomorrow. I can't give him what he wants.

Mia texted Kirill as she was picking up her pillow so she could go sleep in another room. She was shaking from everything that happened in the past hour and couldn't bear to sleep in the same bed as Danila.

If you think that's the safest thing to do. But I think you should reconsider.

A simple text came back to her and she stared at it as she stood in front of the bed. She knew Kirill was right. It was safer for everyone that she stay with Danila but she just couldn't stand it anymore.

Vladislav had become rude and uncaring as soon as she left his house. She didn't know what kind of power he had but was certain he could hurt Kirill and he seemed so on edge and upset more often these days.

Mia walked into the guest bedroom but realized she left her nighty in the master bedroom. Not wanting to go back there and accidentally run into Danila, she climbed into bed in what she was wearing and texted Kirill back.

Tell me what to do, I will do as you say.

She sent the text and laid in bed biting her lip nervously. She heard Danila make his way upstairs and quietly close his bedroom door and breathed out a sigh of relief.

I think you should stay with Danila. I know it's difficult for both of you and I know why. Do what you have to do to survive and stay safe. Delay the wedding as long as possible. I need more time.

Mia read his text and plopped back onto the pillow. She read it again and again and her whole body rejected it.

I will do as you say. I love you.

She texted him back and broke out in slight shakes as waves of regret ran through her legs.

I love you too, my sunshine.

Mia deleted the text exchange and turned the lights off,  breathing in deeply from everything that happened that night. She did her best to fall asleep but kept checking the time. After about two hours she began to doze off but was startled awake by the quiet opening of her door.

She peeked her eyes open but laid motionless and watched Danila quietly come in.

He walked over to the other side of the bed as Mia was now fully awake but didn't dare move. She tried her best to keep her breathing even and felt him gently climb into bed beside her and scoot over to her as he hugged her from the back and placed his arm around her.

"Don't go, Mia...please...don't go. Stay with me." He whispered into her neck and took in a large inhale. Mia didn't move and kept breathing even as if she was sleeping. His arm and his body felt so warm on her and she yearned for more.

She couldn't bring herself to let him know she was awake as he suffered beside her so she stayed in the same position and didn't move. After a while, she could tell he was falling asleep and she too relaxed and fell asleep in his arms.

When Mia woke up in the morning, he was gone but she wondered if all those nights when she left his bed before, he did the same and came to sleep beside her. She showered and came downstairs to breakfast but he wasn't there, only the chef asked her what she wanted to eat.

"Where is he?" She questioned quickly.

"Danila Sergeevich has left for work early in the morning. He left you a note." And the chef motioned to the breakfast table.