36 - Danila's Bliss 🌶️

Start from the beginning

"You want to stay in the jungle forever?"

"No, it's just...so cold and gloomy there...and I don't want to go back there."

"Well, I believe you're working with Vladislav so eventually, he will call us back."

Oh yes. Mia had forgotten about him.

"What's your deal with him anyway?" Danila asked. Danila wasn't fully sure what Vladislav wanted from her now that they were engaged. He brought her to Russia against her will but now, she would become Danila's wife and things would change.

"I don't know what my deal is with anyone anymore. He promised me a percentage of ownership in the company before I got married and if the deal with the Chinese went well. That blew up, so I'm guessing the ownership promise is busted too." Mia leaned on her arms against the pool ledge and looked up at Danila.

Suddenly, she had an immense desire for Kirill to be in front of her. She missed him so much and she felt just as devastated as the day he broke up with her. She submerged her entire body in the water as she tried not to cry.

How was it possible that she was not getting over it at all? She came back up for air and saw Danila's concentrated face.

"How much did he offer you?" He asked

"Huh? Who?" Mia had already forgotten the conversation they were engaged in as her mind was occupied with Kirill again.

"Vladislav, how much of the company ownership did he offer you?"

"We didn't talk about that, he told me not to fuck it up with the Chinese but I did." Mia responded without thinking twice about it. She felt so lost without Kirill, she didn't even know how to continue living.

But Danila was immensely interested in what Mia just said. Part ownership of the company would give Mia the chance to make a lot of decisions and he would be there by her side, to help her grow it. Her ownership would become his ownership.

They decided to spend one more week in Bali before returning back home and Mia had moments when she truly enjoyed her time with Danila. He was gentle, and caring, and fucked like a beast, just the way she liked it. He made her laugh and it felt simple to spend time with him.

They had to return back to Russia and as soon as they landed, Mia felt depressed and drained. Ugh. It all came rushing back to her. She wondered what would happen if she texted Kirill but then immediately shook her head at the thought. There was no way she would stoop that low. She both loved him and he was dead to her.

Things settled back into a groove and Mia went back to work with Vladislav, trying to occupy her mind as much as possible. Indeed, in a little over a week, he signed over twenty five percent ownership in the company. As Mia undressed that evening, her breasts felt so sore. Almost time for my period, she thought.

But her period was late. It had been late every once in a while so she just waited but when another week had gone by, she felt nervous and anxious.

God, please, no.

She waited two more days, her breasts felt more tender and enlarged than ever, she felt bloated, and not even a hint of a period.

Mia walked into Danila's office as he was wrapping up a phone call and smiled casually at him, taking a seat in front of him. He smiled and hung up the phone but she looked down and said seriously,

"I need you to get me a pregnancy test. Maybe more than one, just in case." Mia didn't see how Danila's eyes widened excitedly at her words but he immediately wiped the expression of his face.

"You...need a pregnancy test? You think you're pregnant?" He spoke trying to fake confusion and alarm.

"Mm-hmm, maybe. My period is quite late. Can you just go get one?" She looked up almost pleading.

"Yes. I'll go now." Danila stood up from his seat, and walked over to give her a kiss on the forehead.

Forty minutes later, Mia paced in the bathroom as she waited for the results of the test. Bright and clear, two lines, she was pregnant. With shaking hands, Mia picked up the test and stared at it.

Can't be. Maybe I will have another miscarriage. God, please let this all disappear. Please let this be a miscarriage.

Mia stared at the test in complete devastation. She opened the bathroom door as Danila waited for her outside and he immediately shot up his eyes to her and knew, he knew right away that he was successful. She timidly passed him the test and he got the confirmation he so desired.

Danila almost jumped up from excitement but he knew he had to act shocked.

"Oh my God...Mia...this is...this is great news!" His smile widened while Mia looked up at him confused. Was he, happy?! How could he possibly react this way to an unplanned pregnancy! Now of all times!

"W-what?" She stuttered as she watched his smile.

"Mia...you're pregnant...I can't believe it." He spoke gently as he approached her and saw that she was shocked and confused.

"How could-how could you say it's great news, Danila?! An unplanned pregnancy? Right now?! This is the worst time this could have happened at! Or at all!" She added as tears rushed to her eyes and she stood close to him, his face elated. "I mean, a baby?! I-I have no words!" She put her face in her palms and began to shudder and cry silently.

Danila was suspecting she would react this way but the shock would wear off, and she would accept it and be happy too. A child was a gift of fate, he thought. And a child between them two, was a blessing from God himself who he had trouble believing in.

He silently hugged her as she cried audibly now but stayed in the same spot. "I'm sorry. You're right. This is very shocking and unexpected." He picked his words carefully. "But, Mia, we can figure this out, okay? Hey, hey, look at me." He asked gently and raised her teary face to him.

She slowly opened her eyes and was met with a gaze so gentle and loving that she hugged him tighter. Yes, theoretically she wanted a baby and to be a mother. But not now. And she couldn't have ever imagined it would be with Danila. No. No. Not with Danila.

She was truly shocked and couldn't believe it. Maybe she would have a miscarriage, she kept thinking to herself.

"Mia, I promise, it will all work out...this baby is going to be so loved and you will make the most wonderful mother. There is never a right time for this kind of stuff...babies come when they are ready, not when we are ready."

She listened to him and lightly chuckled. Unable to truly formulate any words or express any feeling, she unravelled herself from Danila and went to lie down on the bed.

Danila felt like he had won the lottery. Everything was going his way.

He climbed on the bed and looked into her eyes while she sniffled. "I love you, Mia. This is good news...no...this is great news, amazing news...just very unexpected."

Holding her hands, he felt her squeeze them tighter and satisfaction and excitement pumped through his veins as more tears left her eyes.

Guys, I'm kinda starting to hate Danila lol, I can't believe he's turning into this person even though I'm writing him!