10장 || Memoirs of Silence

Author's pov:

The Crown Prince softly pressed his lips against Neeira's, feeling the warmth of her kiss seeping into his veins with every passing moment. That evening he pleased her, holding her softly mindful to be sensitive as they directed one another's movement into a passionate display, gently caressing her body as his own breath seemed to thicken and slow down.

He studied her carefully, tracing the line of her jaw, the curve of her neck, memorizing every inch of her body as he did her unspoken likes and dislikes. He paused to admire the rise and fall of her chest as she softly exhaled it synchronized with his own breathing. Her skin, bathed in the darkness of the room, was only making him marvel at the beauty that was Neeira as she lay beside him. Her lips, slightly parted, were still plumped from their fervent exchanges, inviting him for yet another taste. Suppressing her moans, she pressed her hands to her lips. Yet, he gently removed them, eager to hear the sounds she tried to hide. Her vulnerability was bare before him, as the warmth of her emanated in waves, drawing him nearer.

The Crown Prince ran a gentle hand over her body, savoring the feel of her soft curves beneath his fingers. He had known she was beautiful from the moment he had laid his eyes on her, but now that he was here in this moment, he felt like he could stay here forever. He moved closer, his breath skimming her skin as he trailed soft kisses along her neck. He found himself consumed by her.

After the fervent passion of the night had waned, the room settled into a gentle stillness. Neeria, taken in by the evening's embrace, closed her eyes in a peaceful slumber beside the Crown Prince. He, too, teetered on the edge of sleep, his breathing deep and even.

Suddenly, a distant whisper pierced the tranquil atmosphere. "Jeoha?" the voice tentatively called out. He remained silent, ensnared in the haze of drowsiness barely awake. "Jeoha," the voice insisted with a touch more urgency. Slowly, the chamber door creaked open, revealing the concerned eyes of a maid, her expression one of delicate caution.

"Jeoha, should I prepare the library for your..." Her voice trailed off when she caught sight of the intimate scene. Seeing the Crown Prince's finger to his lips, silently urging her to be quiet, she quickly bowed in apology. "I'm sorry," she whispered, backing away and gently shutting the door behind her.

The Crown Prince exhaled softly as the maid exited the room. He reclined, allowing his gaze to linger on the ceiling for a brief moment. Almost involuntarily, he turned to his side, pausing to admire the peaceful visage on Neeria's face. Then, with a quiet contentment, he succumbed to the allure of sleep.

As the inky cloak of night deepened, the previously serene ambiance of the chamber shifted, for Neeria her dream state faltered.

The once-peaceful countenance grew distorted with anguish, her chest, disordered—rising and falling in ragged breaths, heaving almost as the talons of a nightmarish vision clawed at her mind.

The dream held her captive in a painful dance. She found herself running towards a wall of raging fire, its fierce tendrils reaching out for her, threatening to engulf her as she continued towards it.

The once familiar structure of her mother's center now loomed ominously. She heard screams, painful screams, the want to save them, yet the closer she ran, the harder it seemed to get to it.

The sinister glow of the flames painted a grotesque scenery, the luminescence highlighting the hopelessness in her tear-filled eyes. Muffled cries of desperation continued to emanate from the center, a cacophony of despair that drowned out everything but the relentless roar of the fire.

Beneath a blood-red sky, where the acrid scent of burning memories permeated the air. The images were disjointed. Scenes of— their faces obscured by smoke and the cruel play of light and shadow— repeated intermittently. Their helpless cries added to the harrowing symphony of despair that played on a loop in her mind.