chapter 47

"so what is it?" kyle asks as I sit on the bed.
"i heard you and leia talking last night" I tell him.
"so, what?"
"I don't want her to get with me and then try to trust me, i need to work, to make it up to her, i don't deserve to be trusted before I've even done any work to get her back"
"but you love her"
"and i need to prove that, i need to be there for her and help her work through things, not just focus on me and her, i do love her so I want to help her first, she said she doesn't think she'll ever be able to trust again so I need to help her trust before I get her to trust me"
"she wants to be with you and then try to trust you, callum, she loves you and wants to be with you, why won't you take that chance?"
"because I hurt her, i ruined her ability to trust again so I need to atleast try to work for her, my goal is to help her trust again, but my biggest goal is to get her back, i need her kyle, ok? I do, i love her, but because I love her i need to do what's best for her"
"okay, do you want me to talk to her?" "no, i need to do this, alone"
"okay, i know your stressed out about this all, but remember we are friends too, if you wanna talk I'm here"
"okay, thanks, for being there for leia too"
"no problem, we should get going, i don't wanna get another detention"
"ok, let's go" we stand up and head downstairs.
"you two ready?" leia asks.
"yeah" kyle answers, i take in leia for the first time this morning, she's wearing a pair if denim shorts, showing her long tan legs, a white top with an elephant on it and white sandals, she's curled her brown hair and has light make up on, she looks amazing.
"callum, you coming?" leia snaps me from my thoughts.
"yeah" i say quickly following them out, we get to class seconds before it begins.
"try to be a little earlier next time you three" the teacher says, class goes by quickly and soon were getting ready for exercising.
"so what usually happens second day?" I ask them as we walk to the gym, leias wearing another tank top and athletic shorts, she's so fucking sexy in them.
"he'd pick a sport for the next two months to focus on, and we'd play that" leia explains, we walk on in silence and arrive at the gym early.
"hey kyle, where did you go last night?" a guy asks kyle, i assume he shares a cabin with him.
"i was goo tired after the movie to walk all the way back, so I slept over" he says going to talk with him.
"so what was really up with you earlier?" she asks.
"nothing" i say casually.
"i know there's something up, what is it?" she pushes.
"it's really nothing, how are you now?" I ask changing the subject.
"i don't know"
"do you wanna talk about it?"
"not here"
"then let's go somewhere" i say.
"like where?"
"we can skip this class and go somewhere private to talk about it"
"really?"
"why not? I've seen you play sports, you catch on pretty fast"
"okay, let's go"
"kyle, we're going somewhere, see you later" i call to kyle as we run out of the door, i take her to the beach and we sit on the cliff looking put to the sea.
"so what was your dream about?" I ask carefully.
"my dad" she sighs.
"what do you think triggered it? The memory"
"I don't know"
"do you wanna tell me about it?" I ask, i know its best for her to talk about it, she may deny it but I notice that she is usually feeling better after we talk about it
"i was in the basement, he was hitting me because I asked my mum for some food, he kept hitting me and then he brought me into his bedroom, i tried to get out but he locked the door, he began... You know, and then you woke me up, it felt so real, i was actually kind of confused when I woke up because I expected to be back there"
"you know, you called out for me? To help"
"I know, callum, i do love you and i want to be with you, but I cant without trusting you, but maybe it would be easier to trust you if i was with you" my head snaps from the beautiful view to an even more beautiful view, which is leia.
"leia, i cant do that"
"what?" she asks clearly shocked.
"you know I do want to be with you, you know that better than anyone, but I want to work for you, i know I hurt you, badly, but I want to make that better, i want to make it easier for you to trust people because you deserve that, i want to be with you but I cant be with you if i dont deserve it, once you can honestly say you can trust me I will be with you in every way your comfortable but until then I won't be able to do it with a clean conscious" i say staring straight into her eyes.
"thank you so much callum" she says hugging me, i hold her tight savouring the perfect moment.
"i love you leia"
"I love you too callum" she says making my heart skip.
"promise?"
"promise" we sit like that for another while, me never wanting the moment to end, too soon she pulls back and stares into my eyes, i want to kiss her so badly, the feeling of her warm soft lips moving in sync with mine sends sparks all over my body, i love her and I'm so lucky to be able to love such an amazing girl.