chapter 39

I went down to the kitchen after having a shower, i was only wearing sweatpants and my hair was still wet, i know this look turned on leia.
"what do you want to eat?" I ask her as her eyes are glued to the screen.
"Yeah, ok" she answers, i chuckle and pause the movie.
"hey!" she shouts jumping up and reaching for the remote I'm holding above my head.
"relax, peetas just gonna attack her" i say casually ruining the surprise twist at the end of the scene, she couldn't take her eyes off.
"what! You can't just say that!" she shouts, jumping get up so she's practically straddling my bare chest reaching for the remote.
"wow, someone's desperate" i say laughing at her, she gives me a puzzled look before catching on, she jumps down quickly and looks back up to me.
"give me the remote callum"
"or what?"
"don't test me with the hunger games"
"I wouldn't dream of it"
"what do you want!?" she groans.
"what do you want for dinner?"
"I don't care, noodles"
"noodles? Really?"
"whats wrong with noodles?"
"I'm an experienced chef and your asking me to make noodles?"
"yes, now give me the remote and get your experienced ass in there" she says reaching for it again, i push her away and she glares at me, i love how she goes for the intimidating look instead of begging look.
"my ass is very experienced" i say winking throwing the remote to the sofa, she rolls her eyes and retreats to the sofa to resume the movie.

I go into the kitchen and make her noodles, i decide to be lazy and make myself some aswell, i leave hers down just as the movie ends.
"i have to wait so long to find out what happens next" she says staring off into space.
"leia, we all do" i say patting her arm, she flinches and i cant help feeling rejected and hurt.
"sorry" she mumbles, i don't say anything I just turn in family guy and eat my noodles, she looks over to me a few times but I pretend to be interested in whats happening on screen.
"i didn't mean to flinch" she mumbles.
"i know, it's my fault" she stays quiet verifying my accusations, we eat in an awkward silence until someone knocks at the door, i go to answer it.
"put on some clothes and be ready in ten minutes" the driver from earlier says.
"for what?" I ask confused.
"the bus, idiot, and don't be late" he mumbles rolling his eyes.
"oh, ok" i close the door and jog upstairs to get ready, i say goodbye to leia but she acts like she didn't hear me, i meet kyle and we head over to the car park to clean the bus, it's getting dark so a few people are trying to sneak out, but quickly going back in when they notice the driver at the car park.
"okay boys, clean the windows and don't leave here until it's done, got it?" me and kyle salute him mocking him.
"mess this one up and you'll be in detention" he orders walking away, i begin walking away but kyle grabs me.
"what?" I ask him trying to pull my arm away.
"seriously dude, detention here sucks, just wash the bus"
"whats it like?"
"sometimes you gotta help cook, clean or mark homeworks, it's the most boring shit ever"
"fine, can you help me with something?"
"what is it?"
"leia"he looks at me carefully before answering.
"what is it?"
"I want her to trust me again"
"what exactly did you do?" he asks as we scrub the windows.
"i let her down and she's got trust issues so she hates me now"
"do... Do you know why she has trust issues?" he asks not meeting my eyes.
"yes"
"her parents?"
"yeah, do you know it all?"
"yeah, they hit her and left her for dead, why?" he doesn't know it all.
"how do I get her to trust me again?"
"what exactly did you do?"
"well, my dads a druggie and he just got out of hand so when he went into rehab leia came with me to visit him for support, my mum didn't want me to see him, anyway, she wanted to go see him for answers to why he did it, the day before my mum told me she told her I visited him, I felt betrayed and mad at her so I ignored her and didn't show, she ended up getting hurt badly because of me, because I let her down she broke up with me and has hated me since, i need to make her trust me again"
"does she want to?"
"what do you mean?"
"you said you love her, but you hurt her, is it best for her if she trusts you"
"yes, i was stupid to hurt her and i will never again"
"are you sure?"
"yes"
"okay, make sure she knows that she can trust you, she is strong and independent but if you get in make sure she knows it's the best and that it's what she wants, otherwise her heart won't be in it" he explains.
"i will do anything for her, she's coming around a bit but I cant stand to not be really with her, i am completely in love with her kyle"
"how about this, you go get her now and I'll finish up here, if he comes back I'll tell him you just went to piss and I'll text you telling you to get your ass back here"
"where will i take her?"
"a long romantic walk in the woods?"
"thanks, see ya later" i say to him running out.

"hey, leia, where are you?" I call out running into the cabin.
"what?" I hear her groan from her bedroom.
"can I come in?" I ask her.
"fuck off, I'm mourning hunger games with harry Potter" she calls back.
"come on, you nerd" i tease.
"fuck off" I chuckle and run into my room, I climb into the balcony and use the pipe to get to her balcony.
"what the fuck are you doing!?" she demands as I jump onto her balcony.
"getting you, stop being such a killjoy and let me take you out to have fun" i groan as I take a quick look at her outfit that shows off her sexy body, she's wearing athletic shorts that show off her long tan legs and a tank top showing off her full chest and curvy hips, her hair is pulled back giving me a clear view of her perfect face.
"i don't wanna!" she whines, i smirk and she gives me a cautious look.
"what?" she asks carefully, i lunge forward and tackle her to her bed where I tickle her.
"f-fuck off, stop, please, I'll kick you!" she shrieks, she lifts a leg aiming it at my hip, but I hook my arm around it and pin it down, she pulls it forward making me fly forward, i end up lying over her supporting myself on my elbows, our faces are millimetres apart and i stare into her eyes, forgetting completely about tickling her.
"your eyes" i breathe, speechless by their beauty.
"what about them?" she whispers back.
"there hazel... With orange around the pupil, they're amazing" i breathe looking onto them deeply, her cheeks hold a tint of pink, making a small smile appear on my face.
"thanks" she breathes, her gaze drops to my lips and my heart leaps.
"what are you thinking?" I ask hoping she'll say what I'm also thinking.
"it's nothing" she says looking to the floor beside us, i use two fingers to lift her face to look at me, i tuck a stray strand of hair behind her ear.
"you can tell me... Promise" I add hoping to get the right reaction, she smiles and i feel my whole body warm at the sight.
"us" she whispers.
"do you want it back?" I ask quietly, something changes her eyes and it goes awkward.
"callum-" i cut her off.
"I'm sorry, it seemed right" i apologise, i climb off of her.
"callum, you have to understand, this is hard for me, to be honest, i don't want to fight with you, i don't know what I want but I know whats best for me"
"what is best for you?" she sighs and avoids my gaze as we sit beside eachother on her bed.
"to be alone" she says quietly as if admitting to herself.
"you don't need to be alone, you don't deserve it" I say placing my hand over hers, she pulls it away making my heart break.
"i need to, it hurts when I get close, please try to understand" she begs looking into my eyes.
"i do, but I won't hurt you, please leia" I beg her, i take both her hands and kneel down infront of her staring right into her eyes.
"just give me a chance, no barriers or gaps, just listen to what I say and understand it, just give me a chance to prove you can trust me" I beg not breaking our intense gaze, she swallows before answering.
"i cant callum" she sighs looking away.
"please? Just one night?" I beg, she looks back up to my eyes and must see the desperation in my eyes because she sighs before answering.
"okay, one night" she sighs, a huge grin covers my face as I stand up and lift her from the bed twirling her around in a hug, not even exaggerating how happy I am.
"you can put me down now" she laughs and i set her down to see her face has brightened up, a real smile covers her face and her eyes are bright, holding happiness and joy, because of me.