chapter 15

"isn't it obvious?" I ask my mum staring right into her eyes that are filled with anger and shock.
"i told you to stay away from him leia!" she shouts at her, leia looks down not meeting any of ours eyes, i see pain and worry in her eyes and i snap.
"or else what mum? What are you gonna do to her!?" I demand.
"she's not goo-"
"don't give me that crap, answer the question, what would you do to her?" I shout cutting her off.
"i would hurt her and leave her in her to rot, it's nothing less than what she deserves"
"why the fuck don't you like her, why do you hate her so much, after everything, your threatening to put her in fucking hospital!"
"she doesn't deserve anyone, she should have died"
"why does she deserve that mum!"
"I know how she's going to turn out, she's going to get depressed about everything that happened and turn to alcohol or drugs or something else that can ruin both of your lives!"
"no I won't, I've accepted what happened and I've moved on, I'm completely against drugs and i would never do anything to hurt callum!" leia says finally.
"I've heard it all before, leia" my mum snaps.
"from who!?" I growl at my mum.
"your dad, he was abused and he thought he was fine, but he wasn't and didn't deal with it, thats why he turned to drugs!" she shouts at me.
"d-dad... Was abused?" I ask in disbelief.
"yes callum, he wanted to forget it, but he couldn't, he turned to drugs and i divorced him"
"why wouldn't you help him?"
"he didn't deserve it, I tried to help him and he pushed me away, i could only try for so long until I had to think about you and Amy and max, you understand that, don't you?"
"he fucking needed you, his wife, to help him deal with being abused and you turned your back on him, I need to see him"
"no, callum, don't go near him"
"get the fuck out, i never want to see you again!" I snap.
"callum, he is dangerous, he put you in hospital, he'll get help then you can see him, I'm not letting you see him while he is still a threat to you"
"just like your a threat to leia, he is dangerous, i know, but Im not turning my back on him, he needs help and support and his family, otherwise he won't recover"
"callum, if you go see him, I won't forgive you"
"I can live with that" she looks at me shocked before composing herself.
"this is all on you!" she snaps poking leia in the chest, i catch her before she falls back and give my mum a hard stare.
"I'll be ready to talk when you are" she hisses at me before leaving.

"callum, are you ok?" leia asks looking me in the eyes.
"i don't know, i had no idea about my dad"
"I know, do you think you'll be ok to see him?"
"I don't know, should I?"
"callum, i cant make that decision for you, i used to smoke alot, it got out of hand, fast, i smoked alot everyday but stopped before there was any permanent damage, i think it would have been easier if i had someone like you to help, the way your dad could, but remember what he did to you, does he deserve it?"
"yes, he's my dad, i had no idea about any of it, I thought he just tried drugs once upon a time and liked them, i didn't know there was a reason but now that I do, i cant turn my back on him, I want to help him recover"
"then see him, will you be ok though, i know he did hurt you too"
"I'm fine, the doctor said I should make a full recovery remember?"
"I don't mean physically, didn't it hurt you emotionally when he hurt you?"
"a little, i guess you would get that"
"yeah, I think he does care about you though, he just needs help"
"I know, how did you cope with it all, apart from smoking?"
"to be honest it messed me up, therapy and all that shit didn't help, i just started to realise it wasn't my fault and slowly i started to feel better"
"what about the rape, you had to do that alone"
"I got really uncomfortable if anyone touched me, i nearly had a panic attack when I found out I was sharing a room, I felt disgusting and used but then mark changed that, now I feel like a whore, he just cheated on me and I already acted on my feelings for you" she says with a smile tugging at her lips when she talks about her feelings for me.
"so, you like me?"
"yeah"
"what now then?"
"well do you like me?"
"didn't that kiss answer that for you?" she giggles and i smile, i love that sound.
"i liked you, even when I was still with mark"
"really?"
"yes"
"well how about a date?"
"erm... I know I kissed you, and I do like you, but we've both got alot going on right now, how about we just be friends until we sort them out and then work on us?"
"how long will that take?"
"I don't know"
"you know I won't be able to hide my feelings"
"it'll be hard, but we can't add that as a cherry on top, we need to sort out things with your recovery, then your dad, then your mum"
"do we have to work on my mum?"
"yes, i won't let you forget about your mum because of me, ok?"
"I don't think she'll ever like you"
"I can live with that, just not you two hating eachother because of me"
"it's not just because of how she treats you, but thats a big reason, it'd also she kept my dad's abuse from me and her views on people who were abused and obviously that she turned her back on him"
"and you will work on all that with her, please"
"fine" I groan dragging it.
"promise?"
"I promise" I say meaning it, we notice she's still straddling my waist, she blushes before climbing off, i just smirk and chuckle a bit.
"this is going to be hard if you keep smirking like that" she says with sass.
"it's hard not to smirk if you blush like that" I retaliate.
"i didn't blush!" she says defensively, hiding her red cheeks.
"sure" I say sarcastically.
"whatever"
"this is going to be hard though" I say seriously laying down and staring at the ceiling.
"it's only until everything else is sorted, ok?"
"ok"
"were worse than guys and hazel" she says raising an eye brow.
"I'm way better looking than him, and your way, way better looking than her"
"promise?"
"promise" she giggles and i decide to be a cheesy bastard.
"maybe promsie will be our always" I say smiling cheesily, she throws her bag at me, i catch it and put it under the covers.
"give me my purse callum" she says warningly.
"or what?" I ask raising an eye brow, before she answers she pounds on me and tickles me, i scream out laughing, begging her to stop, she doesn't.
"whats wrong?" a nurse asks rushing in.
"nothing, sorry" leia answers quickly, he raises an eye brow at me.
"she was tickling me"
"oh, ok, well keep it down ok?"
"ok" we both say in unison, he leaves and we both start laughing and i realise this is going to be so much harder than I ever imagined.