chapter 23

"twenty eighth of April, dad and mum are away for a while on holiday, they hit me and whipped me before they left, they cut into my arms and legs, they just stopped bleeding but it still smells so bad, dad said when they come back that he'll spend more time with me, but I cant tell mum or else she will get angry and he'll have to hurt me more, I'm really scared, last time he said he would spend more time with me he took me to his favourite bar with all his friends, one of their son's tried to help me, to clean me up and he gave me food, but his friends were cruel, they hurt me so badly, i couldn't even move, what if it's worse this time, maybe this time, I'll finally die" he finished quietly, he looked back up to me.
"the next entrance is about the first night he raped you, did he do that the night they came back?"
"yes" callum swallowed and we stayed quiet for a while.
"well, tell me what happened in your own words"
"my mum and dad came down to the basement and said they were going away for a while, i asked where and they got angry, they started kicking and hitting me, then they whipped me and chained me to the wall, he brought out a knife and cut into my arms and legs, they didn't stop bleeding for hours, the smell alone could make you gag, my dad waited until my mum was gone to say anything, he said that when he got back he would spend more time with me, then he stuck a finger deep in a cut in my arm, kicked my side and left, i managed to reach the diary but I couldn't reach the food, i stayed like that for two weeks, chained to a wall, with open, dirty wounds, drenched in my own blood, urine and waste, they hit me harder because I was disgusting when they got back, i thought for sure I would die, but I didn't" i said it all slowly remembering everything that happened.
"what about the night your neighbours our found you? What happened that night?"
"I didn't write anything for that night, i just drew"
"first tell me, then I'll look"
"my dad's friend was over, he came down to see me, he handed my dad some money and my dad told me not to mess it up or else he would sell me, he left and his friend tried to rape me, he tried to strip me but I kicked him off, i kicked his face and his nose started bleeding, he called for my dad and when him and my mum saw me, they flipped they kept hitting and hitting me, they whipped me, burnt me, cut me, scratched me, broke my bones, held me under water til I nearly passed out, you get it, then they left me chained to a wall and thats all i remember, then I woke up in hospital"
"and they caught your parents?"
"yeah, they were immediately put in prison, no court because it was obvious what they did, but I didn't say a word about the rape, no one did"
"maybe you should tell Mrs Edwards or something"
"no, I just want to forget it"
"you can't, not if you don't deal with it, you can't start over without clousure"
"quoting the script?"
"yes, but seriously you should talk to someone"
"I'll think about it, ok?"
"promise?"
"promsie" i give in, but I know already that i am not going to talk to anyone about anything, it's my business and i can handle it anyway I want.
"so when are you gonna see your dad?" I ask changing the subject.
"tomorrow, are you coming?"
"yeah, if you want me to"
"if your ok with it"
"yeah, I don't mind"
"I'm sorry I went through your book, i know I shouldn't have"
"it's ok, I'm sorry I lied to you"
"I guess I kinda get why you did"
"it's hard to explain, but thanks for trying"
"I will always try for you leia" I look up to his eyes, expecting to see humour but I only see honesty, and I believe him.
"i know, and the feelings mutual"
"it's weird hearing you say that without us talking about hating eachother" he says with a chuckle.
"we really took it very far, didn't we?"
"never again though, right?"
"right"
"come on, let's finish the movie"
"ok" we go back to the sofa and watch the rest of the movie, when it's done we turn on some episode of adventure time, our favourite show hands down, eventually we fall asleep on the sofa in eachothers arms, and it's absolutely perfect.

~the next morning~

"leia, wake up" I hear callum gently coo, while shaking my shoulder.
"what?" I ask shielding my eyes from the blinding light, i feel his arms pull out from under me and I fall back on the sofa, callum laughs at me like the true gentleman he is.
"come on get up, I made food" he says more lively this time.
"what kind of food?" I ask eyeing him.
"bacon and-" i cut him off by springing up and running to the kitchen.
"waffles" he calls from the sitting room, i grab a plate and rush back to the sitting room.
"hungry Much?" he asks taking a seat beside me.
"not much, completely" i say eating bacon, he then grabs for some bacon, off my plate.
"fuck off you bastard" I growl grabbing it back, he chuckles.
"come on, i made it for you, don't i deserve some?" he asks eyeing the food.
"i saw extra, get some yourself" i growl.
"fine, eat up and be ready for eleven, we'll be leaving at eleven, Ok?"
"ok" after I'm fine eating i give callum my plate to clean and i go for a shower,when I'm done I change into a pair of dark blue jeans and a white crop top with white converse.
"ready?" I ask callum whos wearing a tight black top and jeans, the top defines his toned chest and abs and his jeans go very well with it adding to the look making him look very sexy.
"yeah, if your done checking me out" he says winking, making me blush.
"i was done a while ago, there isn't much to check out" i say walking past him smugly.
"right to the heart" he says holding his chest.
"like always, I'm a heartbreaker" i say winking.
"clearly" he says leading me out, i laugh and lock my door leading him to my car, then we set off to see his dad.