chapter 6

When I reach leias apartment i realise I'm only wearing dirty jeans, a ripped top and scruffy trainers, the perfect outfit for lunch, i knock and wait patiently until someone answers the door.
"hey, you must be kyle" a guy greets me, he's the same height as me and has the same build, he's tan with light brown hair pushed to one side out of his eyes, he's wearing a pair of track suit bottoms, barefooted and no top.
"callum actually" I correct him.
"sorry, bad with names, come in, you know your early right?"
"yeah, I- i just thought we could maybe leave a little earlier"
"at half eleven, for lunch?"
"well actually, i had to get out of my dad's apartment so I drove for a while and some how ended up here"
"no toilet roll this time, that's a good sign"
"did she tell you about everything we ever did to eachother?"
"everything"
"shit" I mutter, he just laughs.
"don't worry, she told me you want to make it up to her, but if you do anything, you better hope you leave for west minster before I can get to you"
"I wont, i don't exactly want to be shipped off, away from society, to a discipline school, you know you have to do exercise courses after classes too?"
"sounds shit"
"it is, i saw a an introductory video"
"leias already been to three, and got kicked out of the last one"
"how do you get kicked out of discipline school?"
"she wouldn't listen to anyone, didn't do anything about her punishments and sneaked put to meet me, in my defence, she told me she was allowed to"
"freakin hell"
"I know"
"are you guys talking about me?" leia asks coming out of the bathroom, her hairs still wet from the shower and it's getting her black tank top wet too, she's wearing a pair of white shorts and flip flops.
"yeah, remember lilian woods?"mark answers.
"oh my god, did you tell him!?" she says laughing.
"not all of it"
"well don't"
"fine"
"your early, callum"
"I know"
"why?"
"he was bored" mark answers.
"you want coffee or anything?"
"no, I don't drink coffee before going out for lunch, don't know why"
"I told you it's normal" mark says to leia.
"whatever, I'll go finish getting ready, mark don't tell him anymore about lilian woods" she says glaring playfully at mark.
"I'll try" she dissappears into her.room and we head for her sofa, we settle for the start of a series of unfortunate events.
"so why do you hate my girlfriend?" mark asks after a few minutes of silence.
"we've always hater eachother, but I'm trying to kinda be friends or something"
"so why don't you pretend to be friends and save yourself the hassle?"
"because I'm sick of all the fighting and pranks and shit"
"do you mean leaving her at the side of the road because she was honest about something she was going to do?"
"listen, I know i shouldnt have done that but it's done and I'm trying to make it up to her now"he hums in response.
"listen, callum, leia has had it pretty rough, ok? I'm not gonna tell you why or whatever but she has, that's why she was always bad before, because it was too hard to try to be good when she was always moving apartments and stuff, but when she got settled here, she didn't want to or even know how to just instantly become a goodie goodie, and it's funner to break the rules, but she really is trying too, it's just hard for her"
"why was she always moving?"
"I can't tell you, but if you really become her friend, then maybe she can tell you herself, her friends now don't even know, please just don't hurt her, or you will regret it, ok?"
"yeah" he stares at me for a few seconds, making sure I'm being honest that I won't hurt her before he relaxes back into the show, leaving me once again in the dark with another thousand goddammed unanswered questions, why did she always move? Why can't she tell her friends? Why did she have it rough? Why is it important that I don't hurt her? Is mark the only other person who knows? Should I be her friend if there's a chance I will hurt her?