chapter 37

Callums POV

I got no sleep, i was worried about leia, i was pissed that no one was being considerate for what she was going through and i was pissed at myslef, because I could have prevented it, if i wasn't such a screwed up fuck, i would have been there with her and he wouldn't have been able to say all that crap to her never mind fucking shoot her, it wasn't fair, she's an amazing person, she's so considerate, understanding, i need to stop going over how perfect she is, it's not doing any good, every night i do this, i stay up for hours and it doesn't do shit, I need to focus on getting her back, a huge gesture that shows i do care about her, she can trust me, she can rely on me, that I do love her and it's ok for her to love me, i need her back, I'm losing my mind everytime i think about her without being able to say she's mine, i got up and climbed out my window and down the tree, I went a walk at half two in the morning instead of getting some sleep, the schools nine hours away, isn't there one closer? It doesn't matter anyway, Amy and my mum are seriously pissed that Im going away, so I'd max but he can't be mad at me, not after what he did, im such a dick, maybe I should let her go, I've only caused her pain, she's only ever helped me, I'm such a bad person, i need to stop now, get my life together, get her back, I'll go to this discipline school and I'll work hard so that eventually she can forgive me and I can make a new start at school, I have alot of work to do, but I have to do it, for her, i made my way back to the house and climbed in, it was now quarter to five, great, i climbed into bed and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up suddenly from my dream, it was horrifying, it was leia, as a young girl, she was laying in the basement, bleeding, bruised, struggling with every breathe, then her mum and dad came down, stuffing pills down her throat and making her swallow it with alcohol, she choked but they didn't stop, they stood her up and when she stumbled they slapped her, laughing at her pain, they told her to walk in a straight line and when she couldn't, they burned her with an iron, her back was already scarred with all the other times this has happened, and the other things they had done, i was screaming for them to stop but no one heard me, i couldn't get to her, they chained her to a wall and whipped her, she threw up blood and they hit her harder for it, they finally finished and she was left there, in pain, her eyes fluttered closed but when she woke up again, he was there, he began trying to rape her, but then I woke up, i cant go back to sleep, now I'm soaking in sweat after seeing that, it's traumatising, was that what it was like for her? Was it worse? I checked my phone, half six, i got up and had a shower then went downstairs and made pancakes for everyone, they got up at eight but I had to leave already, my mum hugged me and kissed me as I left and made sure I promised to behave, then I got a cab to the bus station, i got on the bus that would take me to the discipline school and saw leia get on a few minutes later, she looked tired and worn out, she was wearing athletic shorts and a hoodie, her hair was in a messy bun, i wanted to hold her until she fell asleep, but u couldn't, we locked eyes and she took the seat at the very back, while I sat two rows ahead, more kids our age got on and two boys and a girl went beside her, a guy sat beside me.
"hey" he greeted.
"hey, I'm callum"
"kyle, you ever been to west minster before?" he asks.
"no, why?"
"no offence, you look like shit"
"whats that got to do with anything?"
"it's just west minsters strict, so I thought you might be freaking out about it"
"how strict?"
"same routine everyday, get up, shower, eat, school, exercise, homework, dinner, sleep, don't worry though, people sneak out at night and there's always people who got stuff, like good food, fireworks and shit"
"so at night, what happens then?"
"some go to the bar in town but it's a fifty minute walk, not worth it, some hang out in the rooms and others go crazy outside, are you the only person from your school here?"
"no, that girl back there, we're here together, because of her"
"fuck, i know her, we went to another discipline school together, come in, i gotta see her" he says, motioning fir me to follow him to the seats behind us, she rolls her eyes when she sees me and I give her an apologetic look, she smiles when she sees kyle.
"kyle!" she screams hugging him.
"hey! How are you, you didn't stay in touch" he says pouting, she laughs.
"I'm good, sorry, i was busy with this dick" she says pointing to me, i can see she lied saying shes good, but I stay quiet.
"what did he do?" he asks glaring at me.
"it's a long complicated story"
"I hear it's your fault that both of you are here"
"well, he's a liar"
"I'm not!" I defend.
"we were both gonna go down anyway, together, i didn't want all the blame"
"okay, let's not fight here, here guys, take a can each" he says handing us silly spray and spray paint, I'm seeing too much of this shit.
"delinquent?" leia questions, he nods, leia goes to the other side and starts writing delinquent on the windows, kyle does the same.
"callum, come here" leia calls, everyone shifted to the seats at the edge allowing her to climb over them to complete the graffiti.
"spray that at the cars roofs when they go past, ok?" she asks.
"do you two ways do this?"
"it was our thing, hurry, she seems like a bitch" she says pointing to a stuck up bitch driving her car too fast, i go to the window and spray the silly spray, the wind carries it and it goes on the roof of the car, she looks up and flicks me off, i laugh at her and spray the next few cars getting the same reaction, until one stops, it's a reacher at our school.
"leia, it's Mr crown" i say pointing to his parked car.
"shit, kyle sit down!" she shouts, we all go to the back and sit down, the driver pulls to a stop and turns off the radio, the only thing distracting him from us vandalising his bus, he climbs out and talks for a while.
"you got good aim callum" kyle says to me as everyone shouts in their own conversations.
"thanks, i used to be on the soccer team, until leia came along" i say smirking at her, we both laugh lightly remembering what happened.
"what happened?"
"I may or may not have used his pass for another schools match to smash a few windows and he got the blame, because it was his pass and no one saw him because he was sticking his tongue down some girls throat" she says calmly, but I saw the hurt in her eyes as she remembers i made out with another girl.
"was this after woodbrook?" I know woodbrook is the discipline school she got kicked out of.
"obviously" she says laughing.
"is this your first discipline school?" kyle asks me.
"yep, excited" i say sarcastically.
"don't worry, it's mostly just a bit of fun.