chapter 14

callums POV

"get up right now!" I hear my mum screaming.
"what?" I ask half asleep until I notice leia looking around confused at the sudden intrusion.
"get that skank out of your bed, she'll hurt you and she has a bloody boyfriend!" she shouts.
"sorry" leia awkwardly mumbles crawling out.
"leia, wait" I call as she heads for the door.
"i have to go make a statement callum, I'll see you later"
"okay" I say feeling more relaxed knowing she isn't leaving just to get away from my mum.
"why do you care about that girl, callum?" my mum asks appalled that I wanted her to stay.
"because she's an amazing person who has stayed so strong despite everything she's been through"
"she may have stayed strong but she's also just a plain bitch, i remember after a detention you would come telling me how you hate her, her own parents couldn't stand her callum"
"do you hate her because she was abused?"
"no, I hate her because of everything she put you through, she's a bad person and you don't need someone like her in your life, she's a del-"
"don't fucking call her a delinquent, stop talking about her as if she's not human, she is amazing and I care about her more than you will ever know, she is not a bad person, everything she did to me was revenge for what I did to her, and I swear if you say one more bad thing about her you can get the fuck out"
"callum, your picking her over your own mother"
"mum, I'm falling for her"
"your falling for her!? My son will not date a girl like that, she is not good for you, she doesn't deserve someone like you"
"mum, she's not lower than me, and I'm not lower than her, we are equal, stop treating her like she's diseased, I'm falling for her and I'm not giving up on her, i will not make her leave, ever!"
"you know what? Your not feeling well right now, you could have a concussion for Christs sakes, well talk when your better, I'm leaving for now"
"Leaving again"
"callum, don't give me any attitude, i am leaving but I'll be back and we will talk properly when you get home"
"fine" she storms out and i lay back down on the pillows letting out an exasperated sigh, why can't she accept leia? She's an amazing person and deserves so much, i want to make her happy and protect her, she's so beautiful, she's strong and smart and funny, maybe I'm falling harder than I realised, she's all i think about, she's always there on my mind, every decision i make, is based on whether it'll make me see her less, i was pissed that she invited mark to our lunch but I am so happy she chose to confide on me, that means I mean something to her, I'm someone she can trust, she's been through so much, but that doesn't change how I see her.

~two hours later~
"hey" I greet leia as she comes in the door.
"hi" she says forcing a smile sitting down on the chair.
"whats wrong?"
"nothing"
"leia" I say sternly staring in her eyes, waiting for an honest answer.
"you don't have to worry about it"
"leia, tell me" I say looking into her eyes.
"your mum, she kinda, threatened me" she says looking to the ground.
"she did what?" I demand feeling the anger course through my veins.
"she said if i didn't stay away from you, she would put me in hospital"
"are you serious?" I ask in shock.
"yeah" she says quietly.
"I'm so sorry leia, i promise she won't touch you, i won't let her"
"but it's not fair that you and your mum fall out over me"
"leia, i do care about you, i won't let her or anyone else hurt you, ever, you aren't coming between us and I'm happy I'm seeing this side of her, not because of what shes doing to you, but because I see what she's really like, im happy i know the real her"
"callum, please don't pick me over your own mum"
"leia, i cant help it, I'm ashamed that she's my mum"
"I've never had anyone care about me before, you know that, I'm scared, i don't know if you'll hurt me, if you'll leave me, if i can really trust you, if you can trust me, if I'm good for you, I'm scared I'm going to hurt you, i couldn't handle that"
"leia, you could break every bone in my body and i would forgive you because I care about you"
"why though?"
"why do I care?"
"yeah"
"because your an amazing person, it's the only word i can use to describe you, after everything your still so strong, your beautiful, smart, hilarious, trustworthy, independent-" I'm cut off by her lips crashing hungrily against mine, she keeps out lips together while climbing on top of my bed and straddling my hips, i put one hand around her waist and the other behind her head, pulling her closer to me, i run my tongue along her bottom lip and she opens hers granting me access, i take the opportunity and let our tongues battle for a while before she pulls away, too soon, we stare into eachothers eyes, listening to eachothers breathing slowly calm down until it's normal.
"I'm not hurting you, am I?" she asks after a few moments of silence.
"no, definitely not" I say smirking.
"good, now I can do this without feeling guilty" she smirks, our lips meet once again, but this time the kiss I'd slow and gentle, i savour every moment of it, slowly i start kissing her jaw, then her neck, then the door flies open.
"what the heck is going on in here!" my mum demands, leia scrambles off of me, but I hold her there, smirking at her before giving my mum a serious look.