chapter 18

I walked into the apartment laughing at a picture callum sent me of amy tackling max and winning, i opened my door and threw my purse on the couch absentmindedly.
"ouch!" I heard a familiar voice say, i spin around alarmed to see mark getting up and making his way to me.
"get the fuck out of here mark" i say in a serious tone.
"not until you let me tell you my side of the story" he says sternly.
"i already heard it at the hospital" i spit back, he sighs and takes a step to me, i back up until I'm at the wall, he corners me and leans down close to me, so close i can feel his warm, familiar breathe on my neck.
"you know there's more to it" he says lowly, trying to be seductive, it worked before when we were together but now, it makes me hate him even more.
"i don't care about the rest, you cheated on me and that's all I need to know to know that I hate you" I bark back, he let's out a breathe and then looks straight into my eyes.
"you owe me atleast a chance to explain myself" he says seriously, with no emotion.
"i don't owe you shit and if you don't get out right now i will hurt you" I say, reminding him that I can do damage too, his eyes turn to slits and he gets too close for comfort, placing a hand at each side of my head, blocking any gap that was once between us.
"two minutes leia, that's all" he says into my ear, i shudder and try to move away from, he blocks it with his hands.
"leave me alone" I say try to push him away, he grabs my wrists and pins me against the wall.
"mark, just leave me alone" I breathe not meeting his eyes.
"i still have an affect on you" he says slowly in a low voice.
"you have no affect on me, now get out mark" i say sternly.
"shut up and listen to me you stupid bitch" he says harshly, tightening his grip on my wrist.
"mark, your hurting me, just let me go" i say trying to sound angry, but ending up sounding scared.
"if you dont shut up I'll hurt you more, are you going to be quiet?" he asks tightening his grip further, making sure to leave a bruise.
"y-yes" i stutter in fear as I see anger in his eyes.
"now listen, i did cheat on you, deal with it, but you know you can't go on without me, we love eachother and always will, just give me one more chance, it's because of me that you got over your parents and you can't just throw away everything we ever did, ok?" he asks sternly, scaring the shit out of me.
"pl-please mark, just leave"
"it's not as if you have anyone else to turn to, I'm the only person you have left so just forgive me and let us get back to how we were before"
"mark, you cheated on me more than once, i cant forgive you, just please leave"
"fucking hell leia!" he shouts angrily, i flinch at his harshness as his grip tightens again.
"mark please" I beg trying to pull my arms from his grip, he slammed them back against the wall.
"leia, just think about it" he nearly shouts.
"mark-" I'm cut off by his lips slamming painfully against mine, i attempt to pull back but he pushes further into the kiss, i whimper as he bites my lip and manage to pull back.
"just leave!" I shout pushing him back, he looks angry and then I realise I tasted whiskey on his tongue.
"leia, we need to be together!" he shouts trying to come near me again.
"don't come near me" I snarl, he smirks and tries to grab my arm again, I slap him and he looks at me shocked.
"out now!" I shout.
"you'll regret this, no one else will ever be bothered enough to try for you, I'm done with you" he snaps at me before slamming the door, i lock it at and run quickly into the shower, i cant even feel if it's hot or cold, i just feel it beating against my back, i slide down the wall and wrap my arms around my legs, crying and crying until I hear my phone ringing.
I look at the caller i.d saying it's callum and he already tried to call me three times before.
"hello?" I answer not wanting him to get suspicious.
"hey, whats wrong?"
"nothing, why?"
"your voice is hoarse and you sound upset"
"I'm fine, whats up?"
"I was just wondering how much longer you were gonna be, my mum is going out to get a mcflurry for us and i was wondering if you would be here before it melted, or Amy and max tackled eachother for it" I force myself to chuckle.
"no, I'll be fine, I'll be back in about an hour"
"okay, take your time"
"I will, bye"
"bye" i hang up and let the tears and sobs i was forcing down out, it hurts so bad, this feeling that's come back after all these years, i cant handle it, why can't I have a semi normal life? One where my parents didnt abuse me for years before abandoning me when they got sick of me? One where the man who says he loved me for two years didn't throw our relationship away for some prostitute? One where I'm not considering visiting the man who abused me and raped me and then let his friend rape Me? One where I'm not falling for the man that I've hated for so many years? One where the man that I'm now falling for is the only stable thing in my life? One where I've already fallen for the bad boy of my school, the one I've hated for so many years, the one that now cares so much for me, the one that I am now completely inlove with?
Because I don't need any of that, just callum, callum is the only one I need, the only one who makes me strong, who makes me feel safe, stable and loved, the only one I can rely on to always be there for me and make me laugh when I only want to cry and die in a hole, i love callum William James and i don't regret falling because I know he'll catch me.